The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One of the very few FG public reps I'd have loads of time for. Met him a few times. Has made an outstanding contribution to every portfolio he has had and especially during Brexit.

FG party wanted him to lead. FG parliamentary party wanted LV. That was a big moment for him I'd say.

Who gets the ticket spot in CSC now?
Promised an events centre ❌.
Promised there'd be nobody in emergency accommodation by July 2017 ❌
Promised Carrigaline there'd be an increased Garda presence to help with anti social behaviour ❌
What did he do exactly?

Promised an events centre ❌.
Promised there'd be nobody in emergency accommodation by July 2017 ❌
Promised Carrigaline there'd be an increased Garda presence to help with anti social behaviour ❌
What did he do exactly?
He wasn't building the events centre himself.
Remember I agree with some of your criticisms of the government.

I said he did well in the portfolios he had and he did.

Did very well in Agriculture Fisheries and Food as evidenced by the opinion of the relevant organisations.

Launched a white paper on defence while in that portfolio and then got caught in the whistle-blower thing.

He was only housing and local government for about a year.

Then Tánaiste Foreign Affairs and Trade and at Brexit he was exceptional.

Think he might have had a stint in Europe.

At a time when our politics is plagued by grifters hawking xenophobia and fascism, I found him to be genuine, hardworking , a thorough gentleman and demonstrating the standards all our TDs should aspire to.

And I'm not an FG supporter as my posts here will attest.

One of the very few FG public reps I'd have loads of time for. Met him a few times. Has made an outstanding contribution to every portfolio he has had and especially during Brexit.

FG party wanted him to lead. FG parliamentary party wanted LV. That was a big moment for him I'd say.

Yeah - solid on the international stage. Knew his brief wherever he was.
Not so good locally where he was always seen as seconfd to McGraths for getting things done and has been phoning it in since moving to Cobh apparently.
Legacy stained by his major part in the Zappone issue. Much more of a blemish than event centre shambles.

Ironically, by all accounts McGrath again had ben pushing this more in last year or so than Coveney managed since infamous sod turning back in 2016!!

In terms of FG ticket, Jerry will be foaming at the mouth to get one of the slots. The party may prefer younger candidates like Shane O' Callaghan in City area and Una McCarthy (daughter of Justin) in Simon's old core area in lower harbour.
Mullins also a possibility but he's living in East Cork so may target Stanton's seat instead!

He wasn't building the events centre himself.
Remember I agree with some of your criticisms of the government.

I said he did well in the portfolios he had and he did.

Did very well in Agriculture Fisheries and Food as evidenced by the opinion of the relevant organisations.

Launched a white paper on defence while in that portfolio and then got caught in the whistle-blower thing.

He was only housing and local government for about a year.

Then Tánaiste Foreign Affairs and Trade and at Brexit he was exceptional.

Think he might have had a stint in Europe.

At a time when our politics is plagued by grifters hawking xenophobia and fascism, I found him to be genuine, hardworking , a thorough gentleman and demonstrating the standards all our TDs should aspire to.

And I'm not an FG supporter as my posts here will attest.
He wasn't building it himself?
What the hell has that got to do with anything?
He was only housing minister over a year?
So what?
He still promised there'd be nobody in emergency accommodation by July 2017.

:oops: Seriously?

As for who gets the FG in CSC now it'll be very interesting.

I think Shane O'Callaghan will be one of them, and then it'll be down to Buttimer or Mullins. I think Buttimer will get one last run at it with the redrawing of the constituency lines and B'town back in CSC

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Shaun Gorman

Arty's Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼