The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is no Fianna Fáil as it was.
What's there now is just a rump that can't yet accept there is a merger coming.
What is Fianna Fáil now that FG isn't?

Bear in mind I have been a member and officer in FF at a national level.
Mount St and the cumann, comhairle, comhairle Dáil structures are disintegrating.
Cumainn have been asked to ratify potential local candidates before the Summer with most not having had a cumann meeting for over a year. The party is now whatever Mount St say it is. Even Árd Fheiseanna now are mere networking sessions, no policy mandates, no motions binding on the Árd Chomhairle.

Most of that disintegration has happened under MM.
I remember Haughey and what the tramp did with the money raised for lenihan, I remember one ard fheis on TV with lenihan demanding every body to get up on their feet to hail Haughey, Gerry colins pleading with Albert not to launch a leadership challenge on tv, Dont do it Albert,

Mount St and the cumann, comhairle, comhairle Dáil structures are disintegrating.
Cumainn have been asked to ratify potential local candidates before the Summer with most not having had a cumann meeting for over a year. The party is now whatever Mount St say it is. Even Árd Fheiseanna now are mere networking sessions, no policy mandates, no motions binding on the Árd Chomhairle.

Imagine you may very well know ScumMan in real life.

From the time that he was Soundman and a member of FF.

Imagine you may very well know ScumMan in real life.

From the time that he was Soundman and a member of FF.
Honestly, I am not sure our paths ever crossed in 49 Grand Parade but I would say I at least know him to see. There was a time I was going to 3 or 4 meetings a week in there.
I am not sure we are the same vintage you see...........I'm 50, my guess is Soundy might be a little bit more seasoned.

Honestly, I am not sure our paths ever crossed in 49 Grand Parade but I would say I at least know him to see. There was a time I was going to 3 or 4 meetings a week in there.
I am not sure we are the same vintage you see...........I'm 50, my guess is Soundy might be a little bit more seasoned.
Soundman is old enough to be your father,

No television?

With SF becoming more and more mainstream in Dail politics then FF whose soul MM sold in his lust for Taoiseach's office, is being squeezed between SF on the left (who are moving closer and closer to the centre) and FG on the right, whose previous raison d'etre just seemed to be an alternative to FF albeit a bit more right wing.

The fact that Mount Street is calling all the shots should hardly come as a surprise.

I think a merger between FF and FG was only previously staved off because of personal egos of potential candidates in either party and for the last 10+ years it's become increasingly obvious that apart from jockeying for position in the public eye, there isn't a huge amount of difference between the two of them.
If FF and FG do amalgamate prior to the next GE, they could get a big bounce in the election and poll better than the sum of their parts at the moment.

But once that rubicon has been crossed they won't ever be able to row back from it I think. They might hold off until after the next GE but by that stage they might have lost power.

Correct. I'm in my 60s now - and looking very well on it :cool:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼