The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

From 29th of Dec:
Basically 15 decent players out of the academy over the past 3-4 years.

Pretty good return if you ask me.

Are they European championship material? Maybe.

The good thing is there are plenty people around the Munster setup who know what it takes to be the best in Europe. The fact that Ireland and Leinster are right up there at the top table is great for showing the Munster players it is absolutely achievable, and Munster were in the semi final of the European cup for 5 of the last 10 years, albeit not for the last 3 seasons.

It's highly unlikely to be a vintage Munster year, European qualification, semi final of the URC and a quarter final exit of the European Cup would be a good season result considering the start they've had. But Munster are definitely getting better with a lot of very young players, new coaching ticket and completely different game plan.

Think the future is good, don't panic and waste more money on overseas imports, invest in the academy and talent pipeline, I'm confident it'll pay dividends.
Well, they've made the last 16 and European qualification is far more likely given the next few opponents.

The improvement has been massive, especially in the light of today's match

Ah I kept calling the ref Carley it's Dixon FFS.
Equally as shite.
He explained the Healy incident explained how its penalty only and then gets a yellow out.

He also missed the neck roll on Kleyn despite being 2 feet away unobstructed looking at it. TMO caught that I think. Incredibly dangerous, kleyn was thrown out by the neck which is an achievement in itself.

Ah I kept calling the ref Carley it's Dixon FFS.
Equally as shite.
He explained the Healy incident explained how its penalty only and then gets a yellow out.

He also missed the neck roll on Kleyn despite being 2 feet away unobstructed looking at it. TMO caught that I think. Incredibly dangerous, kleyn was thrown out by the neck which is an achievement in itself.
Spotted at least 3 neck rolls on Munster players. Lot of high hits too. But then again, Munster probably did a few too

Playing away matches against the Lions at Ellis Park is nuts.

It's just as well they're not great, but Leinster are likely to have to go from a home quarter final on the 9th of April to an ERC match at altitude, in heat, at altitude, against the Lions.

That's some home advantage...

Team for Benetton match:
Munster: Shane Daly; Calvin Nash, Antoine Frisch, Malakai Fekitoa, Liam Coombes; Joey Carbery, Paddy Patterson; Josh Wycherley, Niall Scannell (C), Roman Salanoa; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O’Sullivan, John Hodnett, Alex Kendellen.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Mark Donnelly, Stephen Archer, Cian Hurley, Ruadhan Quinn, Neil Cronin, Ben Healy, Rory Scannell.

Close to a full strength backline, decent pack. Good to see Fineen Wycherley back from injury.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths
The White Horse, Ballincollig

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Kisses, Juozas (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5pm

More events ▼