The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

coombes has been outstanding all season. would love to see Boyle at Connacht called up too.

Will be interesting to see what kind of squad farrell names.

Sureley the likes of Healy, Ryan, POM,VDF, Sexton, Ringrose, earls etc will sit this one out!!

coombes has been outstanding all season. would love to see Boyle at Connacht called up too.

Will be interesting to see what kind of squad farrell names.

Sureley the likes of Healy, Ryan, POM,VDF, Sexton, Ringrose, earls etc will sit this one out!!
You’d like to think so, more than enough players that are not only worth their shot on merit but the other players could definitely do with some time off.

Coombes and Doris for the 8 jersey will be an incredible battle. Boyle and Timoney are there too. Spoilt for options in the backrow now Coombes, Doris, Timoney, Boyle, Connors, Deegan, Penney, VdF with the likes of Hodnett there too and Leavy if he gets back.
Munster are actually running into an issue, Coombes will be away for a lot of games next season, JOS is a way off, Jenkins has been signed to cover about 3 positions. They need more.

Lots of chat about Baird’s try last night, what you won’t hear is the forward pass and the fact the hardest thing he had to do was not fall over the Dragons players running out of his nowhere. Great try all the same though now I’ve removed the tongue from my cheek.

You’d like to think so, more than enough players that are not only worth their shot on merit but the other players could definitely do with some time off.

Coombes and Doris for the 8 jersey will be an incredible battle. Boyle and Timoney are there too. Spoilt for options in the backrow now Coombes, Doris, Timoney, Boyle, Connors, Deegan, Penney, VdF with the likes of Hodnett there too and Leavy if he gets back.
Munster are actually running into an issue, Coombes will be away for a lot of games next season, JOS is a way off, Jenkins has been signed to cover about 3 positions. They need more.

Lots of chat about Baird’s try last night, what you won’t hear is the forward pass and the fact the hardest thing he had to do was not fall over the Dragons players running out of his nowhere. Great try all the same though now I’ve removed the tongue from my cheek.

Plenty options in the second row also when you consider you have ryan, henderson, beirne, baird, dillane and then the likes of Ahern at Munster and Moloney at leinster coming through

Would like to see Baird and Dillane start the two tests in July..no need for James Ryan to be involved

Agreed, Ryan really needs some time off, Dillane can be the senior person there for them with Ruddock or VdF too.
Baird and Thornbury should go as well on form and Wycherley deserves a go as well.

Forgot about thornbury. He has had a great season at Connacht. I feel like Wycherley has dropped down the pecking order. He must have 25-30 Munster caps now and I don't feel he has kicked on

I think Wycherley has only now just settled into the second row, he’s definitely had an upturn in performances as the season went on.
Thornbury more than deserves it. Connacht should feel hard done by if they don’t have himself, Dillane, Blade, Daly and Boyle in the squad.

Looking ahead to next season we could really do with a signing at hooker..not sure scannell and O Byrne are good enough

Second row is reasonably covered with Kleyn, Snyman, Beirne, Wycherley, Ahern and jenkins covering if needed although he will probably be needed more in the back row

O Mahoney, O Donoghue, Coombes is probably the first choice back row for next season with the likes of O Sullivan, Hodnett and Kendellen in reserve. Is cloete still around next season?

Think they need international class signings at hooker and back row if they are to compete next season

In fairness to Wycherley, he's only 23, which is still pretty young for a second row. At that age, Beirne was about to be released by Leinster

yeah thats a fair point..next season you'd like to see him kick on..Looking forward to ahern making more starts

As i said above more concerned about back row

Cloete’s got another season to go.
Hope to see Hodnett back and hitting the ground running too, he offers something completely different in that backrow but there’s more than one signing needed there I think. An out and it 8 and someone that can cover across the positions.

Barron, KOB, and Scannell definitely isn’t good enough you’d think. Big season for KOB he’s showed glimpses of what he can do but he needs to do it consistently.

9 is a worry too. You’d think Casey and Murray could both be away a lot. Cronin is AIL standard and another Leinster exile more than likely won’t close that gap.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Fist Of Pure Emotion - Spring Fling!
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

26th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Pak Animal

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼