The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

What's not true about what I said m8.
Munter rugby exploded with a bandwagon of clueless supporters around the turn of the millennium. Before that Rugby was a niche sport mainly played in private schools and a small number of clubs. The new supporters were more interested in the brand then in the sport and especially what that brand could say about them and their social status.
Thats all facts m8.

Secondly rugby is the most dangerous team sport played on this island. Even amateurs who played at a high level are suffering from severe mental effects in middle age. Not to mention all the neck injuries.
Many more are walking around oblivious to the damage it has caused them.
More facts.

Thirdly, it's a pretty basic game. I ought to know because I've played it. Run into the opposing player get tackled and recyle the ball then do the same thing again until some one with cold hands either knocks the ball forward or finds a gap.
Of all the sports I've played it pretty much the most basic one and one of the only ones where a big slow fat lad can actually stake a claim for a place.
You don't like the truth but that doesn't make it any less true.
All sports/games are basic which is part of their beauty and popularity.

Rugby is inclusive that it requires people of all shapes which has to be good?

To encourage children of different sizes etc?

Right?

You might like cricket or numberwang?

Nearly all sports were mostly initiated by the elites in society and then popularised by the working classes historically anyway.

Your nose is considerably out of joint since Munster Rugby filled and won a game the Pairc only 1 week ago which a lot of people attended and enjoyed.

We can tell.

All you have left now is to carry on denigrating another sport and its supporters and their social status which is just a display of your own insecurity.

What's not true about what I said m8.
Munter rugby exploded with a bandwagon of clueless supporters around the turn of the millennium. Before that Rugby was a niche sport mainly played in private schools and a small number of clubs. The new supporters were more interested in the brand then in the sport and especially what that brand could say about them and their social status.
Thats all facts m8.

Secondly rugby is the most dangerous team sport played on this island. Even amateurs who played at a high level are suffering from severe mental effects in middle age. Not to mention all the neck injuries.
Many more are walking around oblivious to the damage it has caused them.
More facts.

Thirdly, it's a pretty basic game. I ought to know because I've played it. Run into the opposing player get tackled and recyle the ball then do the same thing again until some one with cold hands either knocks the ball forward or finds a gap.
Of all the sports I've played it pretty much the most basic one and one of the only ones where a big slow fat lad can actually stake a claim for a place.
You don't like the truth but that doesn't make it any less true.
On the bandwagon bit, it's worth noting that The Ban had an awful lot to do with that.
Personally, had the principal of my school and one of the other teachers tell me I'm betraying my country by playing the sport. Was not played on the football team because I played rugby. Fairly shitty thing to do to a 13 year old who only wants to play. The football coach apologised to me a decade later for it.
Munster becoming the best team in Europe had something to do with it being popular. Would be a bit weird if a local team becoming the best in europe at a sport didn't result in a rise i s popularity, wouldn't you say?

As for a basic game, depends on the level you've played and how recent it was. At a low level, like soccer, it's a fairly simple game and yes, you can be good as a fat lad. Which is good, can't think of any other athletic sports where that's the case.

At a high level, it's immensely complex.

Anyway, down to business guys 😉, ( just to wind up the most arrogant poster on this entire forum )

Munster need to beat Connaught in style this weekend, I really hope they can get a BP win do you lads see that as a possibility?

I do hope that after the SA game their confidence has been restored.

You'd have thought Munster at home to Connacht should have too much. But then again, would have thought that with Ulster too.
BP win is definitely a possibility, but on current form, a 1 point win should really about the limit of expectations.

Team named for connacht tomorrow night

Looking forward to seeing Frisch again

Not a bad 23 when you consider the likes of Kilcoyne, Knox,Snyman, Murray, Earls, Zebo & Conway are yet to return

Squad nowhere near last 4 of europe level but they should be pushing for top 4 finish in URC

Munster: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Antoine Frisch, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; Joey Carbery, Craig Casey; Josh Wycherley, Diarmuid Barron, Roman Salanoa; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (C), John Hodnett, Alex Kendellen.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Jeremy Loughman, John Ryan, Edwin Edogbo, Jack O’Donoghue, Paddy Patterson, Jack Crowley, Gavin Coombes.

Connacht​

15. John Porch
14. Byron Ralston
13. Tom Farrell
12. Bundee Aki
11. Alex Wootton
10. Jack Carty (captain)
9. Caolin Blade
1. Denis Buckley
2. Dave Heffernan
3. Finlay Bealham
4. Josh Murphy