The Mick Lynch appreciation thread .

not a patch on dermot from gurran the bus man.
Who?

Mick Lynch is great entertainment putting one politico after another in their box. Pierce Morgan tried to be clever with him over the facebook image when it was an obvious image but ML's response to that was genius. Lynch has the british establishment rattled to their very core. Probably end up with the red-tops trying to vilify him through his private life.

Who?

Mick Lynch is great entertainment putting one politico after another in their box. Pierce Morgan tried to be clever with him over the facebook image when it was an obvious image but ML's response to that was genius. Lynch has the british establishment rattled to their very core. Probably end up with the red-tops trying to vilify him through his private life.
Dermot o leary Union rep for bus eireann and irish rail workers, Is Mick the new Scargill?

Dermot o leary Union rep for bus eireann and irish rail workers, Is Mick the new Scargill?

With Social Media I think Mick is better tbh. He's smoother and can get his message out more to joe public rather than it being censored and/or taken out of context by the allegedly "neutral media"

The old answer a question with a question tactic seems to work well on most media. Hard to have an accurate view on a a person's ability based on a few sound bytes. British public are happy to listen to anyone that has a cut off the Tories and their leader currently. Also a rail company that made £500M profit refusing to give a pay rise is a very easy target. How long does the public stay with him when inconvenienced by the strikes? I fear another Brendan Ogle.

The old answer a question with a question tactic seems to work well on most media. Hard to have an accurate view on a a person's ability based on a few sound bytes. British public are happy to listen to anyone that has a cut off the Tories and their leader currently. Also a rail company that made £500M profit refusing to give a pay rise is a very easy target. How long does the public stay with him when inconvenienced by the strikes? I fear another Brendan Ogle.
Happy Mick Lynch day was trending yesterday, that could change in time,

To be fair, his argument about pay rises and inflation is excellent, the rail companies put up ticket prices by RPI, and have done so for a very long time, but they can't give their workers a pay rise based on RPI?

Personally, I always take inflation into account in annual salary discussions, if it's not above inflation, it's a pay cut.

And yet it seems that nobody wanted to target them apart from the unions. Funny that.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼