The Mick Lynch appreciation thread .

I’ve always heard that the Trade Unions were a part of the reason Fords closed their manufacturing plant in Cork.

Poor productivity and allegations that a lot of employees were “borrowing” parts, when Fords kicked up, the Trade Unions defended the workers (who arguably were in the wrong) , Ford then said “fuck it”

Thats the story i’ve been told anyways.

Mandate union got a lot of stick durin gthe Debenhams dispute , they were accused of abandoning the former
workers, reality is mandate knew they had no chance of winning and advised the staff accordingly,
But a few local politicians kept the pot boiling to further their agenda,
The picketers were handy for photo ops now and again,

Mandate union got a lot of stick durin gthe Debenhams dispute , they were accused of abandoning the former
workers, reality is mandate knew they had no chance of winning and advised the staff accordingly,
But a few local politicians kept the pot boiling to further their agenda,
The picketers were handy for photo ops now and again,

Local Radio journalist stirred the pot too - I'm sure he and his producers knew there was no merit in their action but with his erstwhile boss pulling in new listeners, a bit of fake news populism and faux outrage was called for.

To be fair to Unions here, they know the law and will squeeze the employers at every available opportunity, some may argue to excess at times. If they tell their members an action is not worth pursuing, they should be listened to.

Politicians and local radio hacks chasing votes and listeners, giving the workers false hope and encouragement ultimately leads down a disappointing cul de sac!!

Local Radio journalist stirred the pot too - I'm sure he and his producers knew there was no merit in their action but with his erstwhile boss pulling in new listeners, a bit of fake news populism and faux outrage was called for.

To be fair to Unions here, they know the law and will squeeze the employers at every available opportunity, some may argue to excess at times. If they tell their members an action is not worth pursuing, they should be listened to.

Politicians and local radio hacks chasing votes and listeners, giving the workers false hope and encouragement ultimately leads down a disappointing cul de sac!!
Or maybe said same hack was working as a reporter and got to know the human side of these cases such as vita cortex and felt it was wrong. Could that actually be the case...perish the thought that somebody in the public eye hasnt an agenda...
Id say he covers autism to get higher listenership... nothing to do with his family and highlighting these issues....

Stupid comment IMO

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths

The White Horse, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼