The Kerry Babies Case

So if the parents of baby John were members of the ex pat community in Kerry, surely that blows conspiracy theories about a garda cover up out of the water.

Yeah, and shur a High Court judge exonerated the gardai of any wrong-doing too

Meanwhile, JH and her family were vilified, intimidated and bullied into signing a confession for a crime they couldn't possibly have committed. :unsure:

Given the lengths the authorities in this state went to "solve" the Kerry Baby case; and the lengths the gardai went to intimidate and coerce a false confession from JH and her family; and the subsequent white washing by a High Court judge of any wrongdoing by the gardai, I think the DPP won't easily be able to dismiss this case now that the parents of Baby John have been identified if the DPP is to retain any credibility.

Given the lengths the authorities in this state went to "solve" the Kerry Baby case; and the lengths the gardai went to intimidate and coerce a false confession from JH and her family; and the subsequent white washing by a High Court judge of any wrongdoing by the gardai, I think the DPP won't easily be able to dismiss this case now that the parents of Baby John have been identified if the DPP is to retain any credibility.
DPP still needs evidence connecting the parents to the murder in order to get a conviction.

Surely there is a case of abandonedment or negligence or will the woke brigade say that the mother was traumatized
If the mother was very young you can be sure she was traumatised. After all she was also raped. Nothing woke about that at all. I would hope she is treated with compassion....not out of wokeness but out of common decency.

If she was under the age of consent she was raped. Isn't that what the law states?
Age of consent was 16 at the time. If she is in her 50s now then she may or may not have been under the age of consent in 1984.

If she was then it's statutory rape, which is an offence, but I am not sure that you can infer that statutory rape automatically means trauma.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

The Love Buzz

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼