The Hurling Thread

Brutal. 2 minutes devoid of any pure skill bar the one to avoid getting blown up for a blatant outrageous foul. Which isn't exactly a skill, because nobody really knows what constitutes a foul, and referees referee in accordance with the norm for the competition, the time of year and the style of the teams playing.
I admire the speed, the strength, the will and the workrate in the clip but 60 minutes of JUST mangling each other for the ball would be pure sh*te.
There could be other highlights that show something different about that game, but pundits and twitter are obsessed with the savagery.

Brutal. 2 minutes devoid of any pure skill bar the one to avoid getting blown up for a blatant outrageous foul. Which isn't exactly a skill, because nobody really knows what constitutes a foul, and referees referee in accordance with the norm for the competition, the time of year and the style of the teams playing.
I admire the speed, the strength, the will and the workrate in the clip but 60 minutes of JUST mangling each other for the ball would be pure sh*te.
There could be other highlights that show something different about that game, but pundits and twitter are obsessed with the savagery.
When you get to the highest level (semi finals / finals), its the saveragery (and by that I assume you mean tackling, work rate etc) that decides who the champions are.

That’s a phenomenal clip, I was thinking the same watching it live. That guy posts as much skilful stuff, but he was dead to draw attention to that phase of play.

It was an incredible game… NP couldn’t keep up their intensity of the first half. BG so impressive. Patrick Firzgerald will be a handful for Waterford next summer

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼