The Hurling Thread

Could also work the other way and be a welcome distraction, can't see Kiely taking his eye off the ball tbh
Cook
Hope you’re well kid. I will be shouting for ye lad ( was in Ardpatrick my grandparents are buried there during the week)
I think you’re correct that Kiely keeps things simple enough and it’s such a settled side especially 1-9 they are just outstanding players.
Look the worry would be the form of Hegarty and Moriisey with poor enough showing the last game but that could change very soon in the final.
I don’t think Lynch and Casey will start and what a lift then will bring when brought in along with O Neil .
Only way I can see this close is if Cats gets goals but I don’t see that much freedom with this backline actually playing better than your forwards almost now.
Limerick have not played very well all
Year imo just shows what a side they are and really have no goals threat scoring fwd.
I just can’t see how Cats will hurt ye physical wise and they lack pace also upfront.
I hope you win and cement your place as a true great team of which we can be jealous of in Cork but Limerick always support has always been there even in the tough days so hope it’s going to be a great game and Limerick win .

I’d expect Cian Lynch to start at 15 and play as a second center forward. Hayes will remain at 11 where he will trouble Richie Reid. If lynch starts bringing Hayes Hegarty and Morrisey into the game limerick will put up a big score.

Lynch is the best hurler in the game and will be tougher to nail down than Tony Kelly. I’d imagine they will hold Peter Casey back for the last quarter with O Neill and Reidy

Shaping up to be the best final in years. This is a very good Kilkenny team that has been building for 3/4 years. Cody Mullen lawlor walsh butler are coming into age. And they will win all Irelands in coming years. Maybe not Sunday though.

Cook
Hope you’re well kid. I will be shouting for ye lad ( was in Ardpatrick my grandparents are buried there during the week)
I think you’re correct that Kiely keeps things simple enough and it’s such a settled side especially 1-9 they are just outstanding players.
Look the worry would be the form of Hegarty and Moriisey with poor enough showing the last game but that could change very soon in the final.
I don’t think Lynch and Casey will start and what a lift then will bring when brought in along with O Neil .
Only way I can see this close is if Cats gets goals but I don’t see that much freedom with this backline actually playing better than your forwards almost now.
Year imo just shows what a side they are and really have no goals threat scoring fwd.
I just can’t see how Cats will hurt ye physical wise and they lack pace also upfront.
I hope you win and cement your place as a true great team of which we can be jealous of in Cork but Limerick always support has always been there even in the tough days so hope it’s going to be a great game and Limerick win .
Hi Finny, had Covid and just getting back to normal, how are you bud?

I think the repositioning of Kyle Hayes has unbalanced the team and I'd like to see him back at 7 but who would you drop from the defence, it's a tough one.

I could see Lynch starting which should bring Hegarty and Morrissey into the game a lot more, maybe Hayes starts at corner forward with a license to roam, Mulcahy to miss out.

KK with be tough no doubt, I'd take a 1 point win, can't see much in it.

Cook
fair play Fin you're a true gael and a gent

I’d expect Cian Lynch to start at 15 and play as a second center forward. Hayes will remain at 11 where he will trouble Richie Reid. If lynch starts bringing Hayes Hegarty and Morrisey into the game limerick will put up a big score.

Lynch is the best hurler in the game and will be tougher to nail down than Tony Kelly. I’d imagine they will hold Peter Casey back for the last quarter with O Neill and Reidy

Shaping up to be the best final in years. This is a very good Kilkenny team that has been building for 3/4 years. Cody Mullen lawlor walsh butler are coming into age. And they will win all Irelands in coming years. Maybe not Sunday though.
this is exactly my thinking too Charlie, on Lynch if he does nothing he takes watching that's why he starts for me

I think the final will be a war, I'd be very nervous of kilkenny especially with tj in the form he's in.
For all the criticism of the cork backs I thought they'd finished tj in last yrs semi it's a testament to him that he bounced back.
I'd still fancy limerick but this could go to the wire those crafty feckers are so hard to beat.

As a neutral I hope KK are destroyed 🤣
I think I'd rather see England win the WC that Richie Reid man handling the Liam McCarthy Cup.

It’s interesting that this year both Provincial winners in hurling and football seemed to time the correct way to peak maybe with the condensed season? I don’t know but is this gonna be a trend now. Certainly the league will become more just like a preseason ( experimental) mode with trying every system and players .
Really looking forward to the final now and I hope Lyons has a good game as ref and let it flow if possible.
No Hawkeye probably so hopefully a cracker and no controversy. Talking to a good few from Limerick and they are apprehensive about this Kilkenny side and not as confident as I would have thought but I can see a big Limerick performance coming and they will outpoint Cats with 2 many weapons when needed.

Can't see anything other than a big Limerick win. I do think though that Cody has developed a style of play to counter Limerick but they simply won't have the legs or skills to see it through. Limerick I'd say are relishing the thought of playing KK after 2019.

I think much will depend on how the game is officiated. I genuinely don't think there's as huge a gap between the two teams as some are making out though if Limerick get their tails up they could keep it up.

We all like to see the game be allowed flow but if the ref doesn't keep a lid on things I think Limerick will win it because of their physical dominance - they're no mugs when it comes to hurling either.

But, depending on what the ref is strict on - say if he's strict on overcarrying and hand-on-the-back (so easy to miss in swarms) - I think KK might just be in it in the last quarter. And yes Limerick have won a number of tight games, and they've that winning knack, but I'd never write off any KK team with only a puc or two of a ball in it in the final minutes. Lord knows they nearly always seemed to get goals against us when they needed them. 😞

I think the final will be a war, I'd be very nervous of kilkenny especially with tj in the form he's in.
For all the criticism of the cork backs I thought they'd finished tj in last yrs semi it's a testament to him that he bounced back.
I'd still fancy limerick but this could go to the wire those crafty feckers are so hard to beat.
🤔
Kk are "witchcrafty". Always have been. They are an erie presence on AI Final day.
About now in Catland there are ugly looking women in black, pointed hats sitting around a fire and stirring a gurgling cooking pot!😉

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

2nd May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼