The Hurling Thread

Twice in 1st half clare full back caught high balls and tj dispossed him, caugh ouckouts and was in his own half disposessing davy macinearney and futzgerald. Some man

Interesting stuff today, not what I would have predicted but the KK win had nothing to do with what people are banging on about here constantly. I suppose the question is how they go against Limerick now.

Today was as much about Clare as KK, Clare hit wide after wide and it sucked the life out of them. KK just plugged away consistently, the difference was that every time they secured possession they got a score. KK defence completely dominated Clare forward unit, the aerial fielding was phenomenal. But from that forward all it was was simple passes inside to their forwards and simple points worked well. Today was nothing to do with massive men, physicality, savage intensity or anything like it. KKs basic skills were flawlessly executed and that’s what gave them the win.

Shame to see Kelly have so little impact, but TJ didn’t half show him what it’s all about, what a performance - I presume he got MOTM?

Clare made some bizarre decisions too - anyone know why Kelly spent a good chunk of the 2nd half playing half back?

They played us off the pitch in both final games. Lucky? Gwonyalanger.
To be fair they were lucky to beat Wexford in the qf and no matter your opinion the fact of the matter is they were beaten at the end of 70min in the final, and got lucky twice in that the ref played on and the corner back scored a wonder point to level the game, there is no getting around those facts,

Clare were awful.

Far worse than we were in the first half against Galway.

Couldn't read much into that win as Clare never showed up.

Lohan had a nightmare, from tactics (raining down high ball on KK, braindead) to leaving Galvin stink the place up for a full 25 mins.

Clare were awful.

Far worse than we were in the first half against Galway.

Couldn't read much into that win as Clare never showed up.

Lohan had a nightmare, from tactics (raining down high ball on KK, braindead) to leaving Galvin stink the place up for a full 25 mins.
To be fair I thought he acted quickly with Galvin. It’s not like a PL team with a bench full of internationals. Nothing worked for him, he was second to everything, and anything he got he missed. The same fella was their 2nd best player after Ryan last day out IMO. Hauling him ashore after 25 mins when none of the forward unit were going well is hardly dithering. Duggan had a shocker, TK stank the place out, the KK defence ate them, it’s not like Galvin was alone.

Only SOD went well out of the lot of them

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Longest Johns

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼