The Hurling Thread

Some crowd at it , Offalys manager was praising the everyone who organised busses from the schools , Mon night fair play , Offaly captain fucking and blinding for his speech 🤣🤣
Great to see such a huge crowd at the match. I’d say there hasn’t been a crowd that big at a minor match since we played Tipp in 2017 down in Pairc Ui Rinn. A great night that was.

Waiting for Sunday to roll around so to fill the gap I have a few proposed rule changes, here goes:

1 - Clash ball - two players in and must pull on the ball,all other players outside a 5m radius, if either player try's to control the ball free given the other way , if any player breaks the radius - free the other way. - If Ref's just started blowing for these two instances the players wouldn't be long learning - it might reduce the number of rucks also...also if a player try's to control the ball and get's pulled across his leg, then he should get a black card for being a dope.
2 - Technical Fouls - punishment should be an indirect free - frees given for overcarrying, throwing, pick-up of the ground - are given out like a lottery and the punishment of conceding a free that I'd reckon this season has an 85% chance of becoming a point is too much - indirect free - give possession back to the non offending team and play on.
3 - Time limit on frees - 20 secs should be enough between the whistle being blown and the ball being struck - if that's not enough time for your Full Forward to stroll out to your half-back line, tough shit, get someone else to take it - the length of time taken is almost as bad as rugby nowadays.

Thats it for now - I wonder do I have to wait to get them on the Clar for the Central Council meeting

Waiting for Sunday to roll around so to fill the gap I have a few proposed rule changes, here goes:

1 - Clash ball - two players in and must pull on the ball,all other players outside a 5m radius, if either player try's to control the ball free given the other way , if any player breaks the radius - free the other way. - If Ref's just started blowing for these two instances the players wouldn't be long learning - it might reduce the number of rucks also...also if a player try's to control the ball and get's pulled across his leg, then he should get a black card for being a dope.
2 - Technical Fouls - punishment should be an indirect free - frees given for overcarrying, throwing, pick-up of the ground - are given out like a lottery and the punishment of conceding a free that I'd reckon this season has an 85% chance of becoming a point is too much - indirect free - give possession back to the non offending team and play on.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3 - Time limit on frees - 20 secs should be enough between the whistle being blown and the ball being struck - if that's not enough time for your Full Forward to stroll out to your half-back line, tough shit, get someone else to take it - the length of time taken is almost as bad as rugby nowadays.

Thats it for now - I wonder do I have to wait to get them on the Clar for the Central Council meeting
Hmmm.....or.....could just apply the rules as they are.....you seem to not want players to control the ball and no sanction for technical fouling when let's face it, every free is practically a point precisely as a deterrent to doing it. 20 secs for a free? Bleep, play has to stop.....3 or 4 secs if a guy has ball in hand or on a solo run......another 3-5 secs for ref and linesman to agree free place....if a tick or black or yellow or heaven forbid a red, another 20 secs.....let alone the arguing.....then you want the nearest player to just hit it without gauging wind or positioning himself over the ball to line up the free another 5 to 10 secs.
My favourite part is if a guy gets pulled on across his legs while trying to control it, he gets a black card for being a dope.

If you want to make changes to try and improve the game of hurling . 2 things should be considered
1.A puckout must cross the 45 metre line
2. Change the Sliotar . These days players score from 100 yards regularly.
There was nothing wrong in the days of 16 points to .14 🤔

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼