The Hurling Thread

Same here. Very unlike any KK team to shit the course when they get into that position. Thought they'd win pulling up after second goal.

I thought Kilkenny went a bit haywire trying for goals in the first half.
It was obviously the tactic but it backfired

Had they taken their points at that stage they would have won the game.

Think that relates to when Gilligan took on a shower of ferral youngsters who were "acting the maggot". Even if found guilty he won't do any time, nor should he if all he was doing was trying to get the youngsters to cop on and not be behaving anti-socially

I heard about this a while back from someone fairly well in the know. By all accounts Gilligan wasn't far wrong. A group of young lads had been breaking into an unoccupied property which Gilligan owned and had caused thousands worth of damage on more than one occasion.
I know you can't assualt a child but their parents should be giving their child a kick in the arse and knowing where they are at night as opposed to dragging it into court

I wouldn't agree with that at all. They'll still be the team to beat next year. Can't see many retirements bar Mulcahy and he's not in the picture at all this year. Put Peter Casey and Barry Nash back into that team & Adam english and Shane o brien who have shown they have what it takes at this level you've still got a formidable team. Obviously hannons lack of pace is being targeted by teams and there's a fair few around the 30 mark now.

I heard about this a while back from someone fairly well in the know. By all accounts Gilligan wasn't far wrong. A group of young lads had been breaking into an unoccupied property which Gilligan owned and had caused thousands worth of damage on more than one occasion.
I know you can't assualt a child but their parents should be giving their child a kick in the arse and knowing where they are at night as opposed to dragging it into court
Yeah, got told something fairly similar from some Clare and Limerick lads. Messy one now.

Think that relates to when Gilligan took on a shower of ferral youngsters who were "acting the maggot". Even if found guilty he won't do any time, nor should he if all he was doing was trying to get the youngsters to cop on and not be behaving anti-socially

The young’s fella was TWELVE, he had broken bones and had surgery ffs

The young’s fella was TWELVE, he had broken bones and had surgery ffs
Vigilante violence is okay with Sound_y hence him being a shinnerbot.

No one has the right to injure or put a child in hospital.

I thought Kilkenny went a bit haywire trying for goals in the first half.
It was obviously the tactic but it backfired

Had they taken their points at that stage they would have won the game.
KK believed their own hype on the back of one excellent display v Dublin.
Aside from beating a half interested Limerick in the league SF this year they've had no other noteworthy performances.
In fact their standout result this season was the draw to Carlow.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

11th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sparrow (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:10pm

More events ▼