The Hunger RTE

It was an excellent documentary with some very insightful commentary from historians, including some from abroad.

I hope it gets shown in the BBC.

If it was just the potatoes that were affected, at the end of the day, you will pay the price if you are a fussy eater. If they could afford to emigrate, then they could afford to eat in a modest restaurant.

Great production.....and this one goes out especially to those who bitch about RTE.

it was all good until the last ten minutes when it went all hallmark for the yank audience.

i don’t think i learned anything i didn’t already know from it but to see it on the screen with a few talking heads definitely rammed a few points home over just reading about it.

as an aside, how many generations away do you need to be to be considered a survivor? i read an article in the new york times by a black woman saying how she was a survivor of slavery and her skin was a monument to that institution.

would you consider yourself and your family as famine survivors? i’ve counted a four generation gap in my family. i wouldn’t consider myself as a survivor. maybe a reminder of the perseverance of the human spirit.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼