The Gaelic Football Thread

Yeah agree with ya on this. Which will only lead to more teams delaying the game in the last 5/10 mins like soccer
Is there a need to stop play for the entire duration of the substitution?
Current system seems antiquated.
Yes, Subs should require a stoppage to be initiated, but after 20 seconds, play on (bar serious injury).
4th official checks that the player going off has left the field (at closest sideline) before the sub is allowed come on.
Should be well able to get a player off and a sub on and into the right position in 20 seconds.

At moment refs are told to add 30 secs injury time for every substitution. It's why there is often quite a bit of extra time in the second half of games as majority of subs take place in second half.
A lot of people don't realise this is the case and will be shouting at ref to blow it up because there was no injuries and can't figure out where he's getting time from.
But for example 3 subs per team in second half and that's at least 3 mins added time before anything is counted for injury stoppages

Rumour is that GAA will go for "fine" sanction which though helpful to their fixtures schedule has the effect of putting big Asterix next to KC's title!
I don’t think it will lead to any sort of asterisk but it will hardly be a deterrent to any time looking to pull such a stunt in the future.

Bear in mind Kilmacud are also loaded for many reasons, it is something they would also laugh at.

I don’t think it will lead to any sort of asterisk but it will hardly be a deterrent to any time looking to pull such a stunt in the future.

Bear in mind Kilmacud are also loaded for many reasons, it is something they would also laugh at.
They probably have access to better solicitors than than the GAA themselves, so I'm sure would milk the DRA process dry by finding a fáda wasn't properly included in the order for a replay.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Salsa By The Lee In aid of charity

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼