The Gaelic Football Thread

If Crokes are thinking that going on the batter for 3 days is a disadvantage, one time back when Munster were playing in a Railway Cup football final on a St. Patrick's Day that fell on a Friday, the game ended in a draw, and the replay was set for the Sunday.
The Munster boys felt it wasn't worthwhile going home so stayed in Dublin and went on the batter for the 2 days (it was Paddy's weekend after all) and won the replay easily enough.

Still don't think it made a huge difference at that stage. To the kicker the area would look crowded either way. One more or one less wouldn't change that I think
There was a kick of a ball between winning and losing. That’s a small difference. A difference that an extra man could have made at that crucial stage.

If this had happened at any other stage there would be a replay but asking a team who celebrated a win to come back and replay just seems harsh.

Farcical if this is replayed.

I now look forward to seeing Clon’s game against Haven from the 2022 PSFC and of course the 2021 final being replayed as the officiating errors in those games were 10 times more egregious than what happened to Glen.

Naturally, it would mean the entire 2021 All-Ireland club series will have to be replayed as the 2021 Clon team would have succeeded where the Barrs failed, and would have beaten Kilcoo.

And presumably Clon will be listed as the 2007/08 Club All-Ireland runners-up instead of Nemo based on the now infamous “Big Steal” that occurred in the Clon-Nemo game in Newcestown.

Only fair it would seem….
What technical rule was broken by Haven that has a sanction merit of a replay, and did Clon lodge an official complaint about this rule breach?

It doesn't overly bother me if it's replayed or not. But my own opinion would be it shouldn't be , I just think the extra player had no impact or influence on the final result. I do think a large bit of the whole thing is the dislike for Kilmacud and Dublin gaa in general.

It should be a lesson going forward to make sure the player coming off has left field before sub enters play. Happens a lot at club level that player runs in and a bit of time can pass before other player cops on that he's coming off

You'll have a raft of appeals now this year from Junior games up and down the country with clubs arguing that Big Dinny Murphy or whoever was still on the field for the opposition when their own lad hoofed the ball 20 yards wide in closing seconds.

Against that, if GAA didn't act, you'd have some inter county manager (probably a Nordie) trying to replicate what happened and leaving an extra lad on the field for last minute high dropping ball into the square!

Ideal scenario would be Glen to be granted a replay and then do the classy thing and forfeit it!!

You'll have a raft of appeals now this year from Junior games up and down the country with clubs arguing that Big Dinny Murphy or whoever was still on the field for the opposition when their own lad hoofed the ball 20 yards wide in closing seconds.

Against that, if GAA didn't act, you'd have some inter county manager (probably a Nordie) trying to replicate what happened and leaving an extra lad on the field for last minute high dropping ball into the square!

Ideal scenario would be Glen to be granted a replay and then do the classy thing and forfeit it!!
Fine footballer, murder for the drink though.

How there is debate over this at all is staggering.
It's a technical rule and the club's responsibility.
You can guarantee if it had happened to Kilmacud they'd have been all over it.

Rules are rules lads. Even for Dubs ;)

Tony Davis was wrongly sent off in 1st half of '93 final against Derry. He was later exonerated by croke Park. Those Derry pricks never offered us a replay. So Fuck them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Robot Dreams (G)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼