The Gaelic Football Thread

They’d probably want a fortnight in the interest of fairness to both sets of players but the GAA and fairness don’t usually go hand in hand.

Either way this is a wholly embarrassing debacle for the GAA. Kilmacud will be bricking it. Imagine losing the replay.
Boylesports have it on their site as Saturday at 3pm. Probably jumping the gun.

It doesn't overly bother me if it's replayed or not. But my own opinion would be it shouldn't be , I just think the extra player had no impact or influence on the final result. I do think a large bit of the whole thing is the dislike for Kilmacud and Dublin gaa in general.

It should be a lesson going forward to make sure the player coming off has left field before sub enters play. Happens a lot at club level that player runs in and a bit of time can pass before other player cops on that he's coming off

From reading online I think another issue is a few Crokes players are heading off to Australia in next couple days, including Shane Walsh who's going on holiday. So if there is a replay finding a date could be a problem

It doesn't overly bother me if it's replayed or not. But my own opinion would be it shouldn't be , I just think the extra player had no impact or influence on the final result. I do think a large bit of the whole thing is the dislike for Kilmacud and Dublin gaa in general.

It should be a lesson going forward to make sure the player coming off has left field before sub enters play. Happens a lot at club level that player runs in and a bit of time can pass before other player cops on that he's coming off
The extra player was on the goal line and freed up a player out the field to close down players and the ball.

Farcical if this is replayed.

I now look forward to seeing Clon’s game against Haven from the 2022 PSFC and of course the 2021 final being replayed as the officiating errors in those games were 10 times more egregious than what happened to Glen.

Naturally, it would mean the entire 2021 All-Ireland club series will have to be replayed as the 2021 Clon team would have succeeded where the Barrs failed, and would have beaten Kilcoo.

And presumably Clon will be listed as the 2007/08 Club All-Ireland runners-up instead of Nemo based on the now infamous “Big Steal” that occurred in the Clon-Nemo game in Newcestown.

Only fair it would seem….

Farcical if this is replayed.

I now look forward to seeing Clon’s game against Haven from the 2022 PSFC and of course the 2021 final being replayed as the officiating errors in those games were 10 times more egregious than what happened to Glen.

Naturally, it would mean the entire 2021 All-Ireland club series will have to be replayed as the 2021 Clon team would have succeeded where the Barrs failed, and would have beaten Kilcoo.

And presumably Clon will be listed as the 2007/08 Club All-Ireland runners-up instead of Nemo based on the now infamous “Big Steal” that occurred in the Clon-Nemo game in Newcestown.

Only fair it would seem….
Have you overdosed on black pudding?

Crokes will have their say. They have not said much thus far. This is a seriously organised club with massive backing and membership. They may not simply roll over. I reckon there will be a push back to a decision to replay and it is true that players are going away.

I spoke to a Crokes lad (not a player) who said "let them have it if that's how they want it" this might also be a response....

Crokes will have their say. They have not said much thus far. This is a seriously organised club with massive backing and membership. They may not simply roll over. I reckon there will be a push back to a decision to replay and it is true that players are going away.

I spoke to a Crokes lad (not a player) who said "let them have it if that's how they want it" this might also be a response....
It's also an option that Crokes refuse to play. Game awarded to Glen and then the whole thing is a complete mess. Glen would hardly take satisfaction in just being awarded the game, you'd surely never really feel like true all Ireland winners

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Elsewhere - A New Opera by Michael Gallen

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼