The English Market appreciation thread

The fish stall for oysters.
I haven't been in ages, must pop down and try those sambos you two are always on about.

The Rueben sambo in the Sandwich stall, omg like. They do lovely salads as well, and very reasonably priced

Tbh I hate to say it but Durcan's meat isn't great anymore. Definitely not worth the money IMO. He needs to stop selling pre cut steaks, they look mank when they're sitting there with price stickers on them. Cut to order ffs.

Coughlans across from the bread place is where I get my steak these days, on the rare occasion I have one.

And who can forget the time Jerry Buttimer tried to get his hands on an oyster in the market 😂😂😂

I love the market. Liked it even more before it got gentrified, hanging turkeys and all. Remember hanging around in the Farmgate with a friend, he was dropping notes down to the French girl working at the fruit shop now gone. There was a dead rat impaled on top of the fountain before our eyes and those blokes in the big paintings smiling at us. It’s a great place though without a doubt. Hope it continues to be a wonderful diverse mix of stalls. For sure we need the Willy/whoopee cushion shop back, maybe get rid of the Kim chi place and put it in there.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Inspiration The Poor Relation (Open Mic Night)

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼