The economy and what's snot

You know the way the economy (Irish, EU, world etc.) is always growing by x number of percent each year? Will this go on forever, or will humans eventually reach a stage where the things they make for each other might be changing as time goes by, but they will have roughly the same monetary value? Will economic growth continue until the entire country\planet is covered in concrete or until we all become Borg, in which case the economy will become kind of obsolete? What will happen when the economy stops growing?

Where exactly does snot come from? I'm talking mucus here. I always thought it came from underneath the skin at the back of the nose. I can understand how sweat comes from underneath the skin because it's watery and can easily come up through the pores. Snot is much more viscous though, and I can't imagine how it would easily come up through the skin.

tucker lyons said:
economies and the growth thereof can be directly associated with 100 metre records.

the faster a man runs influences the growth of economies in liberal democracies

(see Eastern economies V Western economies and related tables of 100 metre record holders. the west have dominated the record tables and this is reflected in its economic growth)

tucker
So the success of female athletes from East Germany in the early 80s was a sort of "shot in the arm" for their economy then?

George Hamilton actually said something funny once. Following the success of the Chinese athletes (in '96 I think), at the women's 3000m at the next championships he said, as 3 Chinese women took off past Sonia O' Sullivan, "Now we'll see if their performance in Atlanta was just a flash in the wok". I thought that was fairly good.

Ciotóg said:
So the success of female athletes from East Germany in the early 80s was a sort of "shot in the arm" for their economy then?

George Hamilton actually said something funny once. Following the success of the Chinese athletes (in '96 I think), at the women's 3000m at the next championships he said, as 3 Chinese women took off past Sonia O' Sullivan, "Now we'll see if their performance in Atlanta was just a flash in the wok". I thought that was fairly good.

oh that's hilarious, that's fucking funny. a flash in the wok... oh man stop.

you have the best sense of humour... i bet you are the life of every party...
people gather around waiting for you to recall funny stories like that...
you should be on stage.

Ciotóg said:

ever the diplomat george also once said, "if thats offside, then i'm a chinaman"

you'd know he was an orange bastard

Lamps said:
ever the diplomat george also once said, "if thats offside, then i'm a chinaman"

you'd know he was an orange bastard

two world class comedians in the one city... we are so blessed.
the way they can pick the funniest quotes from the funniest people.

is it no wonder that Des B had to leave for dumpland, he was out classed here.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

4th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

All You Need Is Death (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:15pm

More events ▼