The days of cheap drink are coming to end..

And now a slab of beer is twice as expensive for those who can least afford it or get themselves and their families seriously affected by its consequences for problem drinkers.

The cost of drink here is astronomical and we all pay for it as well as the negative health and social upheaval consequences.
We should put the price of diesel and petrol up to €25 a litre minimum: as for electric cars, they should be a minimum of €100K.

Road accidents cause mayhem, and cost the health service a fortune.

The nature of the disease of addiction yes in many cases nothing can be done until the person really wants to get sober or clean for himself that is true. Unfortunately in Ireland for addiction and mental health services for an addict willing to to the hard yards to sort themselves out the state services are appalling.
A lot of people do damage to themselves and others without being full blown alcoholics.

Saying that there are some people that this extra charge won't help does not negate the fact that there are likely to be a lot more people who will buy 2 bottles of wine in a week instead of 3.

I'm personally fairly price sensitive about booze, I think it would affect my purchasing behaviour, but probably just marginally.

We should put the price of diesel and petrol up to €25 a litre minimum: as for electric cars, they should be a minimum of €100K.

Road accidents cause mayhem, and cost the health service a fortune.
Just how physically addictive is petrol and diesel exactly?

If this cleans up town and makes it safer at night for all and sundry to enjoy then fantastic. You never know, maybe Daunt Square will be reclaimed by the business owners finally hey.

But thats not going to happen is it? Not with all the responsible drinkers we have in this city.

Not a fucking chance.

This is a bums tax and nothing more.

If this cleans up town and makes it safer at night for all and sundry to enjoy then fantastic. You never know, maybe Daunt Square will be reclaimed by the business owners finally hey.

But thats not going to happen is it? Not with all the responsible drinkers we have in this city.

Not a fucking chance.

My online wine supplier (elsewhere in the EU) is now even better value.

My online wine supplier (elsewhere in the EU) is now even better value.
Its only all the shitty cheap beer gone up anyway isnt it?

Who drinks the shitty?

The bums.

The absolute state of them.

In all fairness now like.

Homebrew will go through the roof and rightly so.

Not a fucking chance.

It'll probably increase thefts/muggings so they can buy drink.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Nat Mac

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼