The Cowards XI Thread

So here you go - went a bit on a tangent in the SAS thread when discussing Shearer's sheer cowardice.

Throw up names and XIs of players, managers who never had the courage to leave their comfort zones or chose to be big fish in a small pond.

A player who did make a move to a bigger club but ultimately didnt deliver does not count as he had the courage in the first place to give it a go.

No blame to someone who actually tried.

I’ve taken the liberty to copy/paste Tony’s post from the SAS to get the ball rolling.

I'm thinking of Totti.

he'll say to his defence that he loves Roma (i'm sure he does) but staying at that club and never make a move to the EPL or a bigger Serie A club reeks of pure cowardice

this bluffer, spent his career in the equivalent of the munster senior league

pele-cruise_1011305c.jpg

Lionel Messi. The ultimate comfort zone player.

Ozil, didn't have the bottle to fight for a place at the greatest club in the world. Took the easy option and joined the ultimate bottle job XI.

Captain Roy Keane. Walked out of the kitchen anytime he felt the heat.

Lionel Messi. The ultimate comfort zone player.

Ozil, didn't have the bottle to fight for a place at the greatest club in the world. Took the easy option and joined the ultimate bottle job XI.

Captain Roy Keane. Walked out of the kitchen anytime he felt the heat.

doesn't fully fit the cowardice criteria imo

he made 2 step ups, Schalke to Bremen and bremen to Madrid so he did leave his comfort zone

also, should he win silverware with Arsenal in the coming years it'll be seen as a very brave move as he could have stayed at Madrid but opted to move to a different league and play with a team under pressure of delivering titles.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Niamh Bury

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼