The County Board Complaints Thread

Does Frank Need To Go

• Total voters
Option A is a no brainer. Ideally Senior A and Premier Intermediate be rebranded but no way will that happen.

I'm surprised the County board acted so fast on this. Expected a few years delay if anything.

Let's hope the clubs don't make a mess of this. I fear that they will. Intermediate A clubs won't want to be associated with "Premier Junior"

League and championship are two very different things. Those clubs with inter county players rarely have them for league
Irrelevant, still used to playing those clubs, venues etc. Would Micheals, a Div 1 KS team, and beaten SAFC Co finalists do worse than Carriglaine in PSFC group games, I dont think so

Last edited:
Irrelevant, still used to playing those clubs, venues etc. Would Micheals, a Div 1 KS team, and beaten SAFC Co finalists do worse than Carriglaine in PSFC group games, I dont think so
It's very relevant really.
Unless you see hanging in a grade without a realistic chance of actually winning the county as ok.
Personally I'd prefer to be in a grade I could win, anything else would be fairly unmotivating

But the issue is the divisonal junior championships need reform and to do this they need extra time to run the competitions. The competitions can't start until the county board competitions start as the Junior A "First teams" will refuse to play against the second teams of strong senior and intermediate clubs. Currently Junior competitions are being ran off on a knockout basis or with back doors played a few short days after teams lose a first round. Junior players want change as they are looking at club mates playing meaningful group stage games spread out over a number of weeks, with importance linked to every game, no matter if they win or lose.
Junior players aren't going to stick around unless they get a similar programme of games.
Adding in Premier Junior to my proposed plan would probably be the best idea but this should be compromised of basically Intermediate A clubs currently. That would allow for it to be completed quicker for the sake of Munster competitions.

Basically 12 Intermediate A clubs make up Premier Junior with 4 of them relegated down to Junior A divisions.

Whatever about standards clubs will be reluctant to be rebranded to junior in the first instance.

Option B also maintains the status of the LIHC sides so they will all be in favour of that. Similarly, IAFC sides will be keen to negate the jeopardy facing them of regrading to junior.

I think from a club perspective option B will be the only show in town. It’s a misnomer talking about Munster championship designations really

I heard how two clubs are voting. One is senior, the other premier inter.
Both are going with option A which I found interesting
It makes no real difference to senior/prem inter clubs whether they go for option A or B so there will be a good mix of votes from these clubs. Both A and B (maybe A slightly more so) suits them as it means their second sides that are competing at junior A level will have everyone except the named 15 players available to them for the majority of the junior championship, as this will start earlier in the year now with these new structures.
It’s the intermediate and junior clubs that will ultimately decide how this vote goes, and you would assume most would be in favour of option b.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼