THe Conor Mcgregor thread

Is he a top fighter lads ? in his weight division like ?.

His striking is up there with the best of them to be fair to him. His wrestling is quite good as well and he's training with a great team, but I'm still looking forward to seeing how he copes with the better wrestlers in the division, that'll be the real indication of how good he can be!

Not a fan of the trash talking myself, but how many fighters with great potential have been through the ufc but got nowhere near the coverage he's getting......he's promotional gold and ufc are right to milk the situation for all its worth.

He's a decent guy behind it all too.

Sheamus O'Shaughnesy is the top irish guy in this space. He blazed the trail. And as a heavyweight too.

Lets see how good mcgregor is once he gets to the wwe. Look at brock leznar for example. He made the step up. Its a whole different level.

Remember ken shamrock? Totally found wanting in wwe

Surprised at you Lamps, SOS being a belvo boy and all that

I don't understand how/why people get wound up by the shit stirring and trash talk. That is an aspect of fighting sports that will never change, some of the pre-fight stuff from boxers over the years has been far worse than anything McGregor has said. I think he's doing a good job at it to be honest, he had Poirier rattled off his game heading into their fight. That looked to have made a difference as Poirier came out head first with steam coming out of his ears, the fight was over in the first round. McGregor talks the talk and so far has walked the walk, long may it continue.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom McRae
Wavelength (Cyprus Ave Rooftop)

3rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: The Gong Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼