The Ashes

England win the toss!! An outside chance of a draw at a ground which has never been a happy hunting ground for England.
Hopefully Australia have a Harmison moment with the first ball!!

Can see England winning one at either Adelaide or Melbourne, if two wins, could come down to Sydney, however probably 3-1 to Australia.

For the insomniacs among us, BBC Test Match Special (some of the finest radio commentary of its genre, imho) will be must listen radio. I have it on the Podcast Republic app but I think there may be other ways to listen to it.

I,'ll be listening via radio 4 long wave at 198 khz.
Test match special is fantastic with Jonathon Agnew and the opinionated Jeffery boycott, shame Hendry blofielt has retired I enjoyed his running commentary on flys buzzing up and down the windows or the seagull situation or the frequency of the buses going by the oval.
I,'ll be wanting England to win the cricket as i do when they play rugby games against southern hemisphere teams but when its soccer never.

Australia 165 for 4 at stumps. Seems quite even so far. Pitch might turn starting in the morning but rain in the forecast for Sunday morning over there.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

18th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Paul Brady & His Band

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼