The Action Plan for Housing.

Padraig Sull speaking a lot of sense (I know) on RedFm about the council refusing planning for rural one off housing that meet the criteria. All it does it moves them in to bidding wars for city/suburban housing.

Another lad on now, 12 months waiting for a fire cert from the council, two apartments ready to go.
rural one-off housing is not sustainable. Sure, demand is increased for housing in towns and cities, that's where housing should be built.

rural one-off housing is not sustainable. Sure, demand is increased for housing in towns and cities, that's where housing should be built.
We have a housing crisis, people with sites that fall within the nonsense criteria should be allowed build. If they are renting, that will free up houses back in to rent stock. Why should people be forced to live in towns and cities in 3/4 bed semis in over crowded estates if they want to? Some people enjoy and are happy with a rural lifestyle and have their own land. Kills two birds with one stone

We have a housing crisis, people with sites that fall within the nonsense criteria should be allowed build. If they are renting, that will free up houses back in to rent stock. Why should people be forced to live in towns and cities in 3/4 bed semis in over crowded estates if they want to? Some people enjoy and are happy with a rural lifestyle and have their own land. Kills two birds with one stone
Because it's not sustainable.

I hate 3 bed semi estates too so I'm glad I'm living in Germany where there are decent apartments.

Because it's not sustainable.

I hate 3 bed semi estates too so I'm glad I'm living in Germany where there are decent apartments.
Soz i left out apartments, h8 them too 😂
What's not sustainable? By the way I'm not talking about housing in the middle of nowhere, miles from life and civilisation. I'm talking about one off housing on routes between the city and surrounding towns and villages with infrastructure, services, other housing etc.

Soz i left out apartments, h8 them too 😂
What's not sustainable? By the way I'm not talking about housing in the middle of nowhere, miles from life and civilisation. I'm talking about one off housing on routes between the city and surrounding towns and villages with infrastructure, services, other housing etc.
Sure if they have streetlights, footpaths/cycle lanes, 50km/h speed limits, I have no problem with it.

But why argue with me, if you disagree take it up with County Hall, they can also explain the reasons if you don't understand them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼