The Action Plan for Housing.

I feel sorry for the people directly next door to the proposed Manhattan site, they're in a bungalow, can't blame them for having concerns about the existing plans.

I know of houses in my area that have lain empty for over 10 years, that's a sign of how dysfunctional housing is now.
Surely in all logic the people next door would rather be living alongside other homes rather than a derelict building?

I suppose SF/IRA have ran through the planning objection system with them to ensure they do it correctly.

Surely in all logic the people next door would rather be living alongside other homes rather than a derelict building?

I suppose SF/IRA have ran through the planning objection system with them to ensure they do it correctly.
People next door have no say, probate and old people in nursing homes are one cause of houses lying empty. If a single person or couple with no children die it's almost a given that their house will sit idle for years.

People next door have no say, probate and old people in nursing homes are one cause of houses lying empty. If a single person or couple with no children die it's almost a given that their house will sit idle for years.
Which goes back again to the greatest snail pace in this country, the probate crowd.

Another shower of leech public servants.

I know of a house on the South Douglas Road that is laying empty and literally falling down for the last 60 odd years at this stage.

Rox, you said previously that you felt sorry for the people next door to The Manhattan, what is it ?

Which goes back again to the greatest snail pace in this country, the probate crowd.

Another shower of leech public servants.

I know of a house on the South Douglas Road that is laying empty and literally falling down for the last 60 odd years at this stage.

Rox, you said previously that you felt sorry for the people next door to The Manhattan, what is it ?
The Manhattan needs to be developed, I'd like to see something done there like what was done with the Barbers site, which is now two decent houses.

Some tech company have announced that they're moving into Cork. Good news story surely?

But nah all the comments on Facebook are "where are going to live?" and "are they bringing sleeping bags?"

One person even said that companies are buying up houses for their staff and driving up rents in the process. Give me one example of this happening in Cork ffs

Another said that Sheila's Hostel is full of tech workers. What tech worker take a job that requires them to move to Ireland and live in a hostel?

Some tech company have announced that they're moving into Cork. Good news story surely?

But nah all the comments on Facebook are "where are going to live?" and "are they bringing sleeping bags?"

One person even said that companies are buying up houses for their staff and driving up rents in the process. Give me one example of this happening in Cork ffs

Another said that Sheila's Hostel is full of tech workers. What tech worker take a job that requires them to move to Ireland and live in a hostel?
I would not take much notice of what is on Facebook, any idiot can post on that and by God they do so in force.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼