The Action Plan for Housing.

Rory Hearne on PK there.

Wants a state construction co. set up.

lol
I heard that.

He does not have a single clue and he is utterly hopeless and just flogging a daft book

He says that a state construction company can control costs.

How do we control international costs of materials like steel and timber etc?

Energy?

Labour?

I heard that.

He does not have a single clue and he is utterly hopeless and just flogging a daft book

He says that a state construction company can control costs.

How do we control international costs of materials like steel and timber etc?

Energy?

Labour?

Works in the Sociology department in Maynooth.

Previous election candidate for People before profit headbangers.

They should make people aware of this fellas background before putting him on the airwaves as some kind of expert.

We have a decent sized housing planning application in at the moment - I was checking the file yesterday and sure enough we have 3 objections. One from a govt body which is a standard submission to do with utilities.. no prob, one from a residents committee which is to be expected and they make some fair points.. no prob... and the final one from SF spokesperson for housing. The same fella that turns up on every show and station lambasting the government for the lack of housing, the issues in the system etc et. The same fella that has stated that SF will remove a lot of the red tape that has permissions stuck in the mud so development can proceed. What a two faced asshole, your classic objection as well, where he starts out by stating that he is in favour of development, and in favour of housing BUT rah rah rah rah. SF would have paid a planning consultant to prepare the letter for him, the way it has been assembled and the language used is very specific.

FWIW I think we will get permission regardless, but it will probably now have to be via ABP which will delay the delivery of this elderly housing scheme on a green field site providing 100% social housing in an existing community with established services by a year. Hang your head in shame O Broin and keep talking out the other side of your mouth

We have a decent sized housing planning application in at the moment - I was checking the file yesterday and sure enough we have 3 objections. One from a govt body which is a standard submission to do with utilities.. no prob, one from a residents committee which is to be expected and they make some fair points.. no prob... and the final one from SF spokesperson for housing. The same fella that turns up on every show and station lambasting the government for the lack of housing, the issues in the system etc et. The same fella that has stated that SF will remove a lot of the red tape that has permissions stuck in the mud so development can proceed. What a two faced asshole, your classic objection as well, where he starts out by stating that he is in favour of development, and in favour of housing BUT rah rah rah rah. SF would have paid a planning consultant to prepare the letter for him, the way it has been assembled and the language used is very specific.

FWIW I think we will get permission regardless, but it will probably now have to be via ABP which will delay the delivery of this elderly housing scheme on a green field site providing 100% social housing in an existing community with established services by a year. Hang your head in shame O Broin and keep talking out the other side of your mouth
There are plans to build near Broomfield in midleton as well, Local SF CLLR DanielleTwomey is working with residents to block the development

These kind of objections should be highlighted.

An e-mail to the Journal or Indo wouldn't go astray.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
DJ Shadow
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

5th Jul 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Peader O Callaghan

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼