The Action Plan for Housing.

Have the government finally got off their arse on this? I notice a fair amount of houses popping up around the city and according to a good friend of mine in the City Hall there are a number of plans in the pipeline. Good news.

Have the government finally got off their arse on this? I notice a fair amount of houses popping up around the city and according to a good friend of mine in the City Hall there are a number of plans in the pipeline. Good news.
Yes cork seems to be doing well number wise, But things could slow down due to material costs,

Yes cork seems to be doing well number wise, But things could slow down due to material costs,
I hope not.

The St Kevin's development is due to get started also. Over 200 social and affordable homes. That is going to put a nice dent in people looking for homes in Cork City.

I hope not.

The St Kevin's development is due to get started also. Over 200 social and affordable homes. That is going to put a nice dent in people looking for homes in Cork City.

Dont dismiss the tactics of politicians objecting, either due to demands from current residents or to deliberately
slow down progress for party political reasons,

Only reason they’re actually promising to do something is the fear of a SF government nothing else
They don’t give a flying fuck tbh
Coveney the prick promised modoular housing to help sort out the crisis
Ffs the inept bastard couldn’t even get the event centre off the ground
Yet had no problem housing 10s of thousands of Ukrainian ppl
Yes they needed housing but so did the thousands of irish homeless and those families stuck in hostels and hotels
CHARITY begins and ends at HOME
And I don’t give a fiddlers what anyone on here thinks of this statement ,
that’s my honest opinion

Only reason they’re actually promising to do something is the fear of a SF government nothing else
They don’t give a flying fuck tbh
Coveney the prick promised modoular housing to help sort out the crisis
Ffs the inept bastard couldn’t even get the event centre off the ground
Yet had no problem housing 10s of thousands of Ukrainian ppl
Yes they needed housing but so did the thousands of irish homeless and those families stuck in hostels and hotels
CHARITY begins and ends at HOME
And I don’t give a fiddlers what anyone on here thinks of this statement ,
that’s my honest opinion
The State has always built social housing since right after independence in 1922, not enough right now for a variety of reasons and not just for spite as there is a rising population and huge demand but this will catch up in time. It takes up to 8 years from project inception to delivery in the public sector for a house which is almost 2 Government's lifespan.

We as a neutral country have always accepted and provided a safe haven for those fleeing war and once this crisis is over most of the refugees can head home and re-build their country and their lives.

Pulling up the drawbridge with "Charity begins at Home" is just something that Donald Trump would flatulate out in between eating hamburgers and paying off hookers as this is a socially responsible country that tries its best to look after all deserving people and not just "our own"

The state stopped building 30 odd years ago in any great measure Landlords stepped in to fill the breach Government financing HAP- financing landlords and facilitated vulture funds and speculators End of
This place needs change and the ff FG monopoly is set to end- thankfully
Not saying in the least SF have all the answers But anyone but FF FG deserve a crack at at least trying to sort this mess out Hope the first thing they do is call a state emergency plan ref housing Them cunts in Leinster house won’t ever do it as MM and Leo the langer have eyes and ambition for the EU cushy numbers nothing else

Last edited:
The state stopped building 30 odd years ago in any great measure Landlords stepped in to fill the breach Government financing HAP- financing landlords and facilitated vulture funds and speculators End of Thus place needs change and the ff FG monopoly is set to end- thankfully Not saying in the least SF have all the answers But anyone but FF FG deserve a crack at at least trying to sort this mess out Hope the first thing they do is call a state emergency plan ref housing Them cunts in Leinster house won’t ever do it as MM and Leo the langer have eyes and ambition for the EU cushy numbers nothing else
Best read aloud in a Kerry accent

The state stopped building 30 odd years ago in any great measure Landlords stepped in to fill the breach Government financing HAP- financing landlords and facilitated vulture funds and speculators End of Thus place needs change and the ff FG monopoly is set to end- thankfully Not saying in the least SF have all the answers But anyone but FF FG deserve a crack at at least trying to sort this mess out Hope the first thing they do is call a state emergency plan ref housing Them cunts in Leinster house won’t ever do it as MM and Leo the langer have eyes and ambition for the EU cushy numbers nothing else

Sinn fein in charge of housing.

20220923_172144.jpg

giphy.webp

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼