The Action Plan for Housing.

And people wonder why there is a shortage of houses,
As I said earlier this week, the census will provide some facts.

Which is a bit of a disappointment to some out there who are saying that " they are doing absolutely nothing about the housing problem ".

5.5% increase in housing since last census, so much for " nothing "

The latest census shows that there are over 12,000 unoccupied holiday homes in Donegal, more than any other county, disgrase

Council should be taking these to give to the mica families

Locals are up in arms against this, what do we want? a solution to the housing crisis, but somewhere else,

Attachments

• 288971119_7672709466133595_5118724313737934225_n.jpg
    288971119_7672709466133595_5118724313737934225_n.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 4
The 600 home development on the CMP site has got the go ahead, A number of changes had to be implemented in the original
plan, Good to see this progress, but but but what about funderland?
While I'm disappointed that my objection was overruled my legal team are exploring other avenues in the ongoing battle to prevent this inappropriate development from proceeding.

Watch this space.

A relative of mine has/had a buy to let house on the south side, with tenants for the last 6 years. She was advised by her auctioneer that now would be a good time to sell up as prices are at the top of the market, and she "wouldn't want to be a landlord" in the case of political change resulting in restrictions such as rent freezes and bans on eviction.

She didn't particularly want to sell as it is a handy earner and she wasn't happy to kick out decent tenants after 6 years, but the argument made sense.

A sign of things to come? I don't blame her but at the same time I'm basically the people she kicked out. If my landlord does the same I'm fucked.

A relative of mine has/had a buy to let house on the south side, with tenants for the last 6 years. She was advised by her auctioneer that now would be a good time to sell up as prices are at the top of the market, and she "wouldn't want to be a landlord" in the case of political change resulting in restrictions such as rent freezes and bans on eviction.

She didn't particularly want to sell as it is a handy earner and she wasn't happy to kick out decent tenants after 6 years, but the argument made sense.

A sign of things to come? I don't blame her but at the same time I'm basically the people she kicked out. If my landlord does the same I'm fucked.
Certain politicians paint all landlords as money grabbers and millionaires, Some are bad but many more are very good, same
applies to tenants, Rent freezes and a ban on evictions will make more leave the market,
Will anybody think of the poor landlords post incoming.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Soviet Milk (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼