The Action Plan for Housing.

On the subject of housing, let's call a spade a spade here -.

If you own a house, or have the funds to buy a house in the near future, you're one of the lucky ones.

If you don't fall into either of the above categories, and are renting or living at home, you're never going to own a house.

I fall into the second category and am never going to get out of it.

Politicians using this as a political football are never going to get us out of this, and I suspect that one old quote sums them all up -

If you're not part of the solution, there's great money to be made in prolonging the problem.

Fin.

I'm renting alone and it would be easier to share with a partner. I doubt I'll ever own property. As Ennisy said there are no suitable apartments in the city
A part of me thinks I should move by the sea for some peace but I'd say I'd crack up if I did that.
Society isn't nice to single people

I always wanted to live in Crosshavens Graball bay Where we holidayed when I was young. Going to the La Scala, buying fresh mackerel, swimming by the big pipe Fort Camden until a big turd floated pass, sunburn Happy days.
We have such a beautiful Country.
That 100%

Would rather Weavers Point though, the view from there is amazing.

Happy days indeed, catching crabs when the tide was out in Church Bay.
Sprat and Mackerel in August before that dreaded start to September and back to school.

Sun burn, the Merries, candy floss, chairoplanes, swinging boats and the bumpers, both little and large.
The smell of the chipper mixed in with the sea air, nothing and nowhere like Crosshaven long ago.

That 100%

Would rather Weavers Point though, the view from there is amazing.

Happy days indeed, catching crabs when the tide was out in Church Bay.
Sprat and Mackerel in August before that dreaded start to September and back to school.

Sun burn, the Merries, candy floss, chairoplanes, swinging boats and the bumpers, both little and large.
The smell of the chipper mixed in with the sea air, nothing and nowhere like Crosshaven long ago.

When I gaze upon our emerald Isle,
I cannot help but raise a smile
The golden strands on oceans edge
The rocky cliffs of Ireland's west
But no place is as sweet for me,
As dear Crosshaven by the sea

Some good news

Every house is a help, FG/FF really took their eyes off the ball here, I cant imagine a scenario where it was purely arrogance
and not giving a damn what the electorate thought, Maybe they never saw the threat from SF ? Now they see the threat and are beginning
to make a bit of progress,

listened to eoin o broin and fg senator o connor? from waterford debating housing today, fg fella very short on detail. o broin critical of the government help to buy scheme. he said many of those who availed of it could already afford the deposit, meanwhile eoin says he would give all renterd one month credit, many renters have a very good income,

Inquiry into An Bord Pleanála's deputy chair to assess three planning decisions​

Inquiry into An Bord Pleanála's deputy chair to assess three planning decisions

The first case in question is that of a refusal by An Bord Pleanála of a strategic housing development in the Distillery Quarter in Blackpool, Cork city in March.

THU, 12 MAY, 2022 - 10:57
CIANAN BRENNAN

The terms of reference have been published for an investigation of planning decisions made by the deputy chair of An Bord Pleanála (ABP) Paul Hyde.

The investigation, to be helmed by senior counsel Remy Farrell, will provide his opinion on four matters — three individual planning decisions, and a judgement regarding Mr Hyde’s personal financial circumstances with possible creditors.

The first case in question is that of a refusal by ABP of a strategic housing development at Pope’s Hill in Cork city in March. It subsequently emerged that Mr Hyde part-owns a property situated adjacent to that proposed development, something he had not declared to ABP.
Mr Hyde has since claimed that he did not believe that ownership needed to be declared as the company involved is dormant.

The second case involves a decision by Mr Hyde to approve without conditions a development at his sister-in-law's house at Sandymount in Dublin in May of 2021. The deputy chair has since stated that he did not become aware of his family’s involvement with that property until April 28 of this year.

The third concerns Mr Hyde’s having allegedly voted against a proposed housing scheme on a site bordering development land owned by his father at Carrigtwohill in Cork in December 2018.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Gay Agenda

The Roundy, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼