TedX : Irish Media Corruption

Farm_Memes_6-300x300.jpg

Isnt she one the presidential candidates?

Veronica Guerin's brother, Jimmy Guerin, had this to say about Gemma O' Doherty's conspiracy theory that the state was responsible for murdering Veronica:

“It is 22 years since Veronica was brutally murdered and time doesn’t make it easier but it hurts when a presidential candidate who in my view is going nowhere, for cheap publicity tries to speak ill of my sister and make unfounded allegations against her and this state.

A great sense of comfort at the time of Veronica’s death was how the State and various State agencies reacted.”

Mr Guerin said: “These hurtful, poisonous, unfounded allegations that Ms O’Doherty makes insult not only Veronica’s memory but the many gardaí who literally put their lives on the line and challenge the gangs that were responsible for her killing.

“It insults the prosecutors who fearlessly brought the evidence before the courts. It insults the judiciary, who heard the evidence, without fear or favour. It insults the thousands of ordinary people who contacted our family and were a great sense of support for us in a most difficult time.”

He said there was no conspiracy or State involvement.

She was murdered because she wasn’t prepared to be bullied by John Gilligan into dropping charges against him for a most vicious assault which would have ended in his drug empire collapsing.

They’re the facts, I know that and I’m satisfied with that. And in 22 years, there are only two people that I have come across that say John Gilligan was not responsible for arranging Veronica’s murder.

One is John Gilligan, the second is Gemma O’Doherty."

"There’s no conspiracy, no State involvement. And I would ask her to allow my sister rest in peace.”

Never let the facts get in the way of a juicy conspiracy theory.

“They’re the facts, I know that and I’m satisfied with that. And in 22 years, there are only two people that I have come across that say John Gilligan was not responsible for arranging Veronica’s murder.

“One is John Gilligan, the second is Gemma O’Doherty."

That says it all!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼