TD Michael McGrath

Poor michael mcgrath was thrilled this morning when he logged onto the proc and saw a thread in his honour,
During leaders questions he got bored and logged in again to see it is now a SF thread, poor michael,
Don’t all the threads become SF threads?
I think Michael McGrath is a decent sort and genuinely in it to do the right thing.

A good man but his standing in FF is not big due to his non attendance at Republican events such the annual Liam Lynch kilcumper laying of a wreath and a speech praising him but neglecting that he shot poor old RIC men who were just doing their job

If she wants to go on the ticket it is hers for the taking I heard.

Doubtful. She's supposed to be very good as a local councillor but I don't think her profile is high enough. Say what you will about Mick the dub, he has a big profile (good or bad) in the constituency. If SF are to have any hope of dislodging him or Burke for the last seat there I think they'll need to run a higher profile candidate.

Having two candidates in SC is not on by central directive. Eoin J and Eolan R are dissatisfied and one or both could run . Some serious sweetener will have to be made to stop these fellows running.
A horse with a name o roads would win in NW.

Central directive by who exactly?????????? I know both Eoin and Eolan and I think both are good guys and are very well regarded in their local areas but again not sure that they'd have a high enough profile. And I think Chris O'Leary would be likely to garner a lot more votes were there to be a second candidate to run - which if CSC remains a 4 seater is extremely unlikely to happen. But again that'll be down to the CSC convention of SF members. There is no "central directive" dictating the number of candidates we'll run in our constituency. We'll vote on what it is we think is the best strategy. We won't always be right but it'll be down to one man one vote. The only "central directive" that I can think of is the same one that is affecting all political parties and that's the requirement for the parties to run more female candidates. Fiona Kerins is a good councillor in the CSC constituency but not sure she has high enough profile. And being from Ballyphehane she'd be in the same part of the constituency as DOL so I doubt she'd get the nod as his running partner. And yes, I think the sitting TD will get the nod at convention.

Good summary of all but I would contend that the one thing McGrath is clueless on is finance. Prior to the last crash he was totally parroting (and genuinely believed I’d say) the soft landing scenario.

Far be it for me to be a defender of a FF minister, but I think it's a bit silly to claim " the one thing McGrath is clueless on is finance." The guy has a B.Com and is a qualified Chartered Acountant FFS. I think it fair to say he has a better grasp of finance than the vast majority of the population.

Doubtful. She's supposed to be very good as a local councillor but I don't think her profile is high enough. Say what you will about Mick the dub, he has a big profile (good or bad) in the constituency. If SF are to have any hope of dislodging him or Burke for the last seat there I think they'll need to run a higher profile candidate.
Mick the Dub previous call for closer links with Russia will come to haunt him.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Conchur White
Winthrop Avenue (@ Old Oak)

3rd May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼