TD Michael McGrath

South of the river a SF tilt at two seats would be tempting but risky, it would take some amount of vote management,
Liadh ni riada will take a seat in cork north west,

Can't see SF running two candidates in a 4 seater CSC. If it goes up to 5 maybe, but certainly not at the moment.

South of the river a SF tilt at two seats would be tempting but risky, it would take some amount of vote management,
Liadh ni riada will take a seat in cork north west,
Not a hope there are 2 SF seats south of the river.
That said I am not convinced that an Taoiseach is running next time out - but him running is the only way FF retain 2 seats in CSC, because both MM and MMcG have highly personalised votes and highly effective machines.

You know what I mean. They will have a management a higher percentage of votes in some constituencies to bring in second candidates than they have had to before because they never had as big as vote share before.

I think SF have shown even in constituencies where they've had a huge vote they still managed to maximise the return.

Still don't see SF getting two seats north of the river unless someone with political gravitas runs along with the sitting TD. No harm to Chris O'Leary's daughter but last time out I think she fared poorly. I understand that she's a good local councilor but TD is a different ballgame and she's not put in the years to build a profile there yet.

Tommy's cooptee on the City Council is a good guy but again I think it might be too early for him.

Jonathan O'Brien? Nah, don't think so.

And I think Mick Nugent's past would work against him.

Can't honestly think of anyone who springs to mind that would be a suitable running mate for TG that would provide a good election prospect but maybe one will appear.

I think SF have shown even in constituencies where they've had a huge vote they still managed to maximise the return.

Still don't see SF getting two seats north of the river unless someone with political gravitas runs along with the sitting TD. No harm to Chris O'Leary's daughter but last time out I think she fared poorly. I understand that she's a good local councilor but TD is a different ballgame and she's not put in the years to build a profile there yet.

Tommy's cooptee on the City Council is a good guy but again I think it might be too early for him.

Jonathan O'Brien? Nah, don't think so.

And I think Mick Nugent's past would work against him.

Can't honestly think of anyone who springs to mind that would be a suitable running mate for TG that would provide a good election prospect but maybe one will appear.
Maybe a GAA figure could run, that would wind up a certain poster here,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼