TD Michael McGrath

SoundMan

Not a fan of his party as you might know but in fairness to Michael McGrath he seems an able politician in terms of his financial brief. Well able to talk and seems very familiar with the topics being discussed (unsurprising given his Accountancy background). He doesn't stumble over his delivery.

It must be killing him that he's from the same constituency as Micheal Martiin because McGrath is one of the very few FF front bench politicians that appears to know what he's talking about and competent enough to be considered leadership potential.

He was on Morning Ireland this morning and in fairness dealt with the questions put to him quite well I thought.

If only more Ministers were as familiar with their brief rather than a string of teachers talking down to people.

Not a fan of his party as you might know but in fairness to Michael McGrath he seems an able politician in terms of his financial brief. Well able to talk and seems very familiar with the topics being discussed (unsurprising given his Accountancy background). He doesn't stumble over his delivery.

It must be killing him that he's from the same constituency as Micheal Martiin because McGrath is one of the very few FF front bench politicians that appears to know what he's talking about and competent enough to be considered leadership potential.

He was on Morning Ireland this morning and in fairness dealt with the questions put to him quite well I thought.

If only more Ministers were as familiar with their brief rather than a string of teachers talking down to people.
When MM vacates the Taoiseach's chair is there also a change of ministers planned?

Know him and bro Seamus Sterling local activists for years Though I was upfront ref his politics being alien to me he did me a favour a few years back On a national level he will do good Just in the wrong party As for that other cunt Coveney he’s as useful as a chocolate soldier Complete out of touch with normal ppls problems chap I say this not lightly as his late dad Hugh had his first clinic in our house in uam var avenue generations ago My old man was a blueshirt but thankfully my mam was a Kerry shinner Coveney is a Cork version of Leo the langer Posh boy who just can’t cut it with the ordinary ppl

Not a strange post at all. The PR / Stratigist that IRA/SF have on board has recommended softening up certain figures especially in FF. I think MMCG is his own man and is not swayed easily . A good man in the Finance area.

An Taoiseach is a thoroughly decent guy.
I might disagree with his leadership of FF and some of his politics but he has been at the coalface of Irish politics for a very long time and his CSC machine is like a well oiled machine when it comes to managing his constituency.

Michael McGrath works his backside off and himself and his brother ensure that their constituents are responded to quickly and efficiently. I knew him in college and he is again a very decent, respectful guy. His focus is on economics and politically while he is very well across his brief, his potential leadership ambition will be hampered by the fact that he doesn't seem to have a grá for any other policy areas.

Simon Coveney is the only FG politician I have ever considered worth a vote. He is articulate, intelligent, engaging and always performs well in public and especially on the BBC. I am not a fan of a lot of his party colleagues but he at least looks outside the FG demographic. I regularly see him engaging with people in Carrigaline while out shopping and a lot of the stick he gets is unfounded.

I've only spoken to Donncha Ó Laoghaire twice. I don't know very much about him other than his work rate is very high. He comes across as an articulate guy who is committed to his constituents and is prepared to put in the hard graft.

In short CSC is served by 4 guys who do the job to the best of their ability and are decent people.

That's not to commend their politics or political decisions - just that at a time when public representation is often attacked and public reps tarred with the same brush, it's a job few take on and the 4 we have do a reasonably good job.

Not a strange post at all. The PR / Stratigist that IRA/SF have on board has recommended softening up certain figures especially in FF. I think MMCG is his own man and is not swayed easily . A good man in the Finance area.

Jaysus, the delusional paranoia is strong with you db.

I think if you look back over the years I've always acknowledged Michael McGraths competence and command of his brief.

An Taoiseach is a thoroughly decent guy.
I might disagree with his leadership of FF and some of his politics but he has been at the coalface of Irish politics for a very long time and his CSC machine is like a well oiled machine when it comes to managing his constituency.

Michael McGrath works his backside off and himself and his brother ensure that their constituents are responded to quickly and efficiently. I knew him in college and he is again a very decent, respectful guy. His focus is on economics and politically while he is very well across his brief, his potential leadership ambition will be hampered by the fact that he doesn't seem to have a grá for any other policy areas.

Simon Coveney is the only FG politician I have ever considered worth a vote. He is articulate, intelligent, engaging and always performs well in public and especially on the BBC. I am not a fan of a lot of his party colleagues but he at least looks outside the FG demographic. I regularly see him engaging with people in Carrigaline while out shopping and a lot of the stick he gets is unfounded.

I've only spoken to Donncha Ó Laoghaire twice. I don't know very much about him other than his work rate is very high. He comes across as an articulate guy who is committed to his constituents and is prepared to put in the hard graft.

In short CSC is served by 4 guys who do the job to the best of their ability and are decent people.

That's not to commend their politics or political decisions - just that at a time when public representation is often attacked and public reps tarred with the same brush, it's a job few take on and the 4 we have do a reasonably good job.
Meanwhile on the other side of the Lee....

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Elephant Sessions
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

20th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Simple Things

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼