sunday game panel

Pat Spillane was getting fierce pissed off Brolly at half time over Brolly disagreeing with him and then not providing any counter arguement. Some bluffer.

In fairness to Brolly (can't believe I just said that), if Pat Spillane is trying to let on Kerry don't bother with tactics and strategies then that is spoofing of the absolute highest order.

see they are rolling out Jayo in time for the final,if they beat donegal,get ready for a major dubs love in,imagine if they start winning at both codes?we re doomed l tell ya,we are doomed

If its a Dublin Kerry final, and it will be, be prepared for TG4 to go into over drive with GAA gold from the 70's.
Up for the match will be worse than anything we have ever experienced

Scott i have a feeling we are heading into a 5/6 year period of Jackeen dominance in both codes. Not saying they will win everything going but i would think they will be serious contenders in both for a few years to come now and most likely win a few of both.

I feel dirty saying it.

(Jayo is alright in my book. Ballyhea man sure!)

I had actually forgotten that Finnerty was a panalist on The Sunday Game. In all the time he was there I can not remember him ever saying anything remotely insightful or interesting.

To be honest between the live games on the Sunday and the highlights programme that night, Colm O'Rourke is the only one who I would actually make a point of listening to. He sometimes struggles to get a word in though with Spillane rambling on about how much better the game was back in his day and Brolly giggling and squirming away in the corner. Davis hasn't a clue really but is still better than Martin Carney. I actually don't mind McStay although I'd say I am a minority on that one.

Tohill is a big loss since his disappearance post the Galvin saga. Is he still alive? Maybe the Kerry lads will let him back on the show after they regain Sam? Dara O'Cinneide is good but hasn't featured much this year. Could be a better option in the presenters chair than Des Cahill although that wouldn't be hard really. Daragh O'Se was good on those end of year programmes so could be an option next year.

Hurling-wise, Farrell and Mulcahy are ok but getting a bit stale at this stage and Sheedy has settled in well. I am sure Paul Flynn must have said something interesting once upon a time but never when I have watched the show. Henderson is fond of giving it the poor-Kilkenny mouth, all this demure 'ah sure we might turn up anyway' shite when Kilkenny are playing a game. If you are expected to have a public opinion on a game, offer it or don't bother with the charade of providing analysis. I think Henderson was introduced to fill the Kilkenny quota which is fair enough. I accept it must have been extremely difficult for RTE to have to find a media-friendly personality from Kilkenny. They would nearly have been better off bringing in Tommy from Fair City.

Then there is Marty, but the less said there the better.

So yeah, just Colm O'Rourke really.

Very well summed up!

Lads Tohill not being on has nothing to do with the Galvin saga....its simply due to a clash of interests with him in charge of the IS team
he would be compromised as he would have to watch every thing he says for fear he might insult a lad who then wont play or him

John Henderson is fantastic. About time to see a man from Kilkenny given a go.He is on the ball with his analysis & is extremely fair to other counties

Tomas tries to be funny but is anything but & makes a lot of errors.Cyril & Ger Loughnane are great. Duignan is excellent too & always give this Cork team great credit.

Tomas, like Finnerty, has always been too anti football for my liking
its grand to prefer hurling, but dont put down football all the time for the sake of it
Tomas and Finnerty are hoors for it
what have they got against football

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Seeger Sessions Revival (Bruce Springsteen)
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

17th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Garron Noone

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼