Stuff that grinds your gears

The mental health of young men in this country is hugely concerning.

Another kid (20yrs old) died by suicide over the weekend. 4th lad I know directly from the sites in last 12 months.

Canteens full of signs for Covid, 2m spacing, wash your hands etc.

PPE signs everywhere and the biggest killer of young men by far is suicide.

Saw a gang of good hardy young lads in tears today when their boss told them.

These young fellas are body conscious, have easy access to drink, drugs and gambling and have an outward macho man approach to life that’s false as fuck.

Heartbreaking.

Yeah, I know from a photography course I did years ago that walking around with a camera taking photos is 100% legal in a public space So.id imagine the same is true of camera phones?

How could you make something like what the young lad OT spoke about went through illegal could be a legal minefield I'd imagine.
It is perfectly legal to film someone in a public place. There are issues however around broadcasting those images particularly if the person is identifiable.

This is where the gopro/garmin/dashpro road rage brigade could fall foul of GDPR legislation. It is not illegal to record, but it may be illegal to subsequently store, or broadcast personally identifiable data without that parties consent.

It is perfectly legal to film someone in a public place. There are issues however around broadcasting those images particularly if the person is identifiable.

This is where the gopro/garmin/dashpro road rage brigade could fall foul of GDPR legislation. It is not illegal to record, but it may be illegal to subsequently store, or broadcast personally identifiable data without that parties consent.
I thought (and i very well maybe wrong ) but that GDPR pertained to the holding of information that directly made you identifiable ?

As in if i hold your name, phone number and address then thats fairly clear but showing footage of you doesn’t make you identifiable per se , as it would only be people that would already know you that would recognise you in that regard.

If someone else commented “oh thats John Smith” then thats the fault of the person that made the comment but not necessarily the fault of the person that took/uploaded the footage.

Could well be talking bollocks too

Last edited:
I thought (and i very well maybe wrong ) but that GDPR pertained to the holding of information that directly made you identifiable ?

As in if i hold your name, phone number and address then thats fairly clear but showing footage of you doesn’t make you identifiable per se , as it would only be people that would already know you that would recognise you in that regard.

If someone else commented “oh thats John Smith” then thats the fault of the person that made the comment but not necessarily the fault of the person that took/uploaded the footage.

Could well be talking bollocks too

This is where things get interesting for the guys who festoon gopros or garmins all over their vehicles and then go out generating content by deliberately inciting road rage incidents.

Now that the UK is no longer (happily) part of the EU, GDPR doesn't apply to them, which is probably why the person recording footage of an errant motorist and titling the result with the identifiable number plate of the vehicle, it could be said that the number plate made the individual identifiable and therefore fell foul of the GDPR.

Also, the "d" in "GDPR," stands for "Data" and now that photography is overwhelmingly digital, many people would claim that their image is their property and capturing it, storing it, analysing it, or broadcasting it without their consent is in breach of their rights to privacy.

Capturing an image in a public place is not illegal. The garmin/gopro/dashcam roadrage content generator brigade are however clearly in breach of multiple pieces of legislation.

Ironically, this tends to place the road rage brigade in the laughable position that they break one law while trying to highlight what they perceive to be someone else breaking another law. If you are using dashcam or gopro footage or CCTV footage for your own personal use than you would normally fall under the "household
exemption. clause.
More here:
"Those using a dash cam in a public area should be aware that the publication of footage, for example on social media platforms, could represent a further act of processing and could risk infringing the data protection rights of recorded individuals. In general, and in line with the CJEU’s reasoning in the Buivids case (C–345/17), publication of material to an indefinite audience, such as on a fully public social media channel, cannot be considered to fall within the personal or household exemption."

Yeah, I know from a photography course I did years ago that walking around with a camera taking photos is 100% legal in a public space So.id imagine the same is true of camera phones?

How could you make something like what the young lad OT spoke about went through illegal could be a legal minefield I'd imagine.
🤔
Taking photos of people without their permission is legal?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼