Stuff that grinds your gears

I think I’ve mentioned this before but people who dont say please or thank you or who dont appear grateful in any way.

Was in Grand Canal dock in Dublin a few days ago in a coffee shop just observing how many people lack basic civil manners.

Watching a well dressed 50 something bloated entrepreneur type with “funky” runners (trying to claw back his youth no doubt) order a coffee from a nice pleasant server

“That’ll be 5:40 in total please”
Silence , as he taps his phone and walks to the waiting area.

“Large Latte to go?”

Silence as he miserably collects his coffee and walks off. Not even a nod of gratitude.

20-something tech types stuck to their phones also barely acknowledging the staff.

If you want to see a person’s true character then see how nice they are to people when they don’t have to be.

Last edited:
I think I’ve mentioned this before but people who dont say please or thank you or who dont appear grateful in any way.

Was in Grand Canal dock in Dublin a few days ago in a coffee shop just observing how many people lack basic civil manners.

Watching a well dressed 50 something bloated entrepreneur type with “funky” runners (trying to claw back his youth no doubt) order a coffee from a nice pleasant server

“That’ll be 5:40 in total please”
Silence , as he taps his phone and walks to the waiting area.

“Large Latte to go?”

Silence as he miserably collects his coffee and walks off. Not even a nod of gratitude.

20-something tech types stuck to their phones also barely acknowledging the staff.

If you want to see a person’s true character then see how nice they are to people when they don’t have to be.
Hate those kind of twats.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern : Kevin McGahern

Coughlan's, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼