Spiritualized to Perform, Reissue Ladies and Gentlemen

fair enough, i'm looking forward to hearing the =various demos etc that built up to the album

like the acapella tracks from the pet sounds rerelease

but I do agree the less lavish reissues get on my goat too

Spiritualized frontman Jason Pierce has confirmed that the band is recording a new album.

The songwriter told The Quietus that the release, planned for 2010, has been influenced by the group's recent live performances of their 1997 LP Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space.

Pierce said: "I'm not a big believer in backward steps, or thinking 'Well, that worked then, let's do it again'. But, I am making a record.

"It's very weird to lay out something you did 12 years ago in all its complexity and then get inside it enough to be able to play it live, and not have that get into some of the newer stuff we're doing."

He added: "It's early days. We've put down some great, great songs. I think what Ladies And Gentlemen has done is raised the bar in a different way.

"Rather than just copying the sonics of that record and saying 'How did we used to do it?' or 'We used to do it like this', it's raised the bar, and I think that's good."

Spiritualized reissued Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space with new packaging and bonus tracks last week.

a pity, they were the best gig i saw in 2010. doing that whole album was great and it was the only time ever in my gig going life (no offence to my sound engineer friends, the venue and soundcheck was crucial for this point) that the vocals were perfectly clear.

SPIRITUALIZED

“Sweet Heart Sweet Light”
Release Date: March 16
Label: Double Six /Spaceman Recordings

Catch two new tracks from the album live from Other Voices Festival here : -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/video/2011/dec/06/spiritualized-other-voices-festival-video
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/video/2011/dec/06/spiritualized-other-voices-video

“When you make a record, it has to be the single most important thing in your world. This time around, I wanted to do something that encompassed all I love in rock ‘n’ roll music. It’s got everything from Brötzmann and Berry right through to Dennis and Brian Wilson. I’m obsessed with music and the way you put it together and I don’t believe there are any rules.”

So says J. Spaceman, commenting on the recording of his new album, “Sweet Heart Sweet Light,” which is due for release on Double Six on March 16th.

Recorded over the past two years in Wales, LA and Reykjavik, and mixed for a year in the confines of his own home, “Sweet Heart Sweet Light” will unbelievably be Spiritualized’s seventh studio album and it promises to be one of the most eagerly anticipated releases of 2012. An inspiration and revelation to many well-known musicians, most recently the likes of Alex Turner, Elbow and Florence The Machine; Spiritualized continue to engage and impress musicians and fans alike. Taking musical risks is a hallmark of Spiritualized’s outlook. Witness them playing the new album unannounced, from start to finish, live at the Royal Albert Hall recently – something unheard of in today’s clamour for instant hit gratification. As J.Spacemen says ‘I don’t believe there are any rules’ and this album will testify to that.

The band have also revealed the track listing for the new album and have confirmed more shows including their now re-scheduled Irish shows in Belfast (Mandela Hall on Friday 23rd March) and Dublin (Saturday 24th March).

Track listing for “Sweet Heart Sweet Light” is as follows:

Hey Jane
Little Girl
Get What You
Too Late
Heading For The Top
Freedom
I Am What I Am
Mary
Life Is A Problem
So Long You Pretty Things

Irish Shows -