Sky TV

In the last 10 months I've had poor reception. Last week I had a new HD box fitted and technican fixed signal. Since then I've had signal breaking up every day and no Ch 4 or E4. Is it the weather or has Sky just become a shit service? Help!

Could be static build up on the cables.

Unplug the box.

Disconnect the two black cables at the back (the ones secured by a nut), remember which one came from where or mark it with tape, give them a quick run with a barely damp cloth. Reconnect them.

Plug in Sky box. Leave it off for about 3 minutes. Turn it on by pressing the Sky button on your remote.

In the last 10 months I've had poor reception. Last week I had a new HD box fitted and technican fixed signal. Since then I've had signal breaking up every day and no Ch 4 or E4. Is it the weather or has Sky just become a shit service? Help!

Do you have a cordless phone or base station or, perhaps, a wifi router any where near the receiver? They are known to interfere with the Channel 4 family of channels, E4, More 4 etc.

Otherwise there could be an issue with the LNB.

Thanks for suggestions. Tried all but picture still breaking up. Phoned helpline and he got me to do a backup. Still no joy. Will be on phone again soon. Can't see how today's wind would be a problem even though I am up very high. My big worry is recording Cork City game even though I will be at it. Thanks again.

Thanks for suggestions. Tried all but picture still breaking up. Phoned helpline and he got me to do a backup. Still no joy. Will be on phone again soon. Can't see how today's wind would be a problem even though I am up very high. My big worry is recording Cork City game even though I will be at it. Thanks again.

Sounds like a problem with the LNB so - the arm or the dish could have become slightly misalligned or there may be some water damage to the LNB itself.

Got on to sky again and they are sending technican out again. Reckons dish needs to be moved or something like that. Thanks lads appreciate it.

Upc, can't go wrong, never an issue with dem unless lightning strikes a pylon! Steer well clear of e vision and their week and a half long installation

problem with the signal on these wans on a load of boxes

Had to same problem , the bracket holding the dish was all rust. New one fixed the problem.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼