Sirens

I was just about to head into Market Green shopping centre yesterday when there was a loud wailing sound, like one of those sirens used during WW2 to alert civilians to the fact that bomber planes were coming. Anything know what that was about? No explosions followed so I guess it wasn't a bomber plane.

I was just about to head into Market Green shopping centre yesterday when there was a loud wailing sound, like one of those sirens used during WW2 to alert civilians to the fact that bomber planes were coming. Anything know what that was about? No explosions followed so I guess it wasn't a bomber plane.

where?

If it was around 8pm then it might possibly be the change of shift siren in the Oil refinery at whitegate...I hear that everynight....but probably wouldnt be able to hear it in Midleton from there..

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Colin Geddis - Overkill
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

30th Mar 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Danny O Leary

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼