Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

Stephen Collins: The assumption Sinn Féin will lead next government is flawed​

Subscriber only

Party looks likely to win most seats, but government formation is rarely that simple.​

SNIP

Soundy Bocht

Two things dear. Clear to see you're still fixated on me :) and I've never taken for granted that SF will be the next Government here.

NEXT!

In a possible scenario where SF have most seats and most first pref votes but fail to form a government and
we have another term of ff/fg and others we will hear more screams of "The peoples call for change has been denied again"
Of course it is first group to cobble 80 together but many wont agree with that, Some say let SF take the wheel and see how it goes,
Put their money where their mouth is,

"some say" "Put their money where their mouth is" is a very funny turn of phrase for someone who pretends to be a supporter of a party to use about them :)
You're trying too hard again SFJ ;-)

If the electorate vote more Sinn Fein TDs and the first pref votes keep increasing and FF/G still retain power that's PR for you. But there will come a time when the electorate become so alienated with it that I think it'll hole FF definitely, and FG possibly below the water line that they'll unlikely recover from it in their current format. I think it would most likely hasten a polarisation of Irish politics into Left and Right. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing but I do feel the electorate are getting more and more disenchanted with the FF/G tactics.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼