Sheilas Hostel.

(Translated by Google) Worst hotel of our stay in Ireland.
Doesn't even deserve a star.
Disgusting room, disgusting bathroom, unbearable smell.
And then, there it is not the fault of the hotel but the couples who do their business in the night thinking that nobody hears/sees them... My little brother will remember it!
The beds are horrible (as soon as someone moves, the whole structure moves). The mattresses are worn out. The doors slam. No room for business. Paid security lockers.
Run away and do not book in this hotel, even if the location is ideal and the prices attractive.
We will have warned you!

Lawl

In 2022 when you book a place to stay in Ireland you expect it to come with the basic amenities like water, toilet, heating etc but never did I ever think that a room would come with NO ELECTRICITY!!! Not only did we have no electricity we were never informed about the issue prior to arrival or on check in, and when we went down to ask about the lack of power in our room, we were answered with "oh are you in 305 yea that room doesn't have electricity", we were offered a free breakfast to the value of €4 in compensation. When I went down to follow up with the issue as it was just not acceptable to have no electricity and mainly not be informed. The staff as helpful as she could really wasn't offering me much only a full refund if we didn't want to stay, which wasn't really an option as all accommodation at this point in the city was going to cost a fortune. Taking into consideration they wouldn't have been able to turn over the room as they had already let us check in, enter the room and no housekeeping would have been available to clean the room again until the following morning. I asked to speak with a manager, who unavailable to speak with me until Sunday afternoon after we had checked out, so after some further discussion she offered to phone the manager and I had to return to the front desk a hour later, with the end result being €16 returned to us for the inconvenience. #energycrisis 😑

😆

Cheap fuckers you get what you pay for, what kinda person brings kids to a hostel
Maybe that all someone can afford.

Weirdly for some reason I genuinely dont mind where i stay at all. As long as i can nod off in somewhat in peace then i am grand..

I’ve slept on floors/couches for months on end and genuinely didnt mind it at all. I did stay in a 1 start hotel that was a bit iffy in terms of spiders with that said.
I’ve stayed in Sheilas and found it completely fine also.

I’ve honestly had better experiences in some hostels than 5 star hotels.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Café And Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼