SEAI heat and energy conservation sh*t show

You have a lagging jacket and a bit of insulation in the attic and modern windows and doors and you think that's you after making a effort to insulate your house.
Meanwhile you're topping up your oil tank with kerosene to stay warm.
Ycmiu :lol!:
Wow - you stalking me or what? :cool:

Yes I'm one of those probably hundreds of thousands of Irish people who has an oil burner for my central heating - what of it?

Wow - you stalking me or what? :cool:

Yes I'm one of those probably hundreds of thousands of Irish people who has an oil burner for my central heating - what of it?
Stalking you?
You're here all day m8.
It would be harder to fucking avoid you.

You have an oil burner and no wall insulation and your paying way more to keep warm while burning a fuck ton of fuel and you think we should be building more houses like yours instead of A rated ones because people deserve a CHOICE.

Stalking you?
You're here all day m8.
It would be harder to fucking avoid you.

You have an oil burner and no wall insulation and your paying way more to keep warm while burning a fuck ton of fuel and you think we should be building more houses like yours instead of A rated ones because people deserve a CHOICE.
SoundY is doing a poor job of regaling something some fella said to him in a pub, but there’s actually a decent point in there. The BER system is some seriously limited, hamfisted shit and our regs have gone straight to the max as usual when a graded approach might make some sense. The difference between A2 and B2 for instance is mostly capital costs with limited payback to the home owner. So why not have it that there could be a variation in what is built? Both are very low energy using homes, both will give the owners very small bills, but one will cost and perform that bit better. What’s wrong with that?

Having said that we should not be building anything with a C rating, it makes no sense

All houses have to be built nowadays to A rating in Ireland. Nobody is forcing anybody to purchase a lower rated house. Instead they would be given a CHOICE. If you offered people an A rated house for 300K or a C rated equivalent for 250K I think there'd be a hell of a lot more buying the 250K house. And it's not as though these houses couldn't be brought up in rating in future years by homeowners. But at the moment perfection is a barrier to improvement in terms of people having homes to buy at more affordable prices. And given our mild climate, A rating and C rating is less of an issue in Ireland than in Sweden.
Like what?

House A: Warm home fully insulated to an "A" rated BER standard where you will not have to spend a huge amount of your income heating it etc.

House B: A tenement from a Sean O'Casey play with frost on the inside of the windows and the tenants searching for a farthing to feed the gas meter every half an hour and in 10 years' time if you are lucky you can pay for an expensive upgrade?

People deserve better and especially those who are the most vulnerable to suffer from fuel poverty.

The days of building crap social housing are over as we only end up demolishing Ballymun, Togher and most of Limerick while a whole generation of people suffer.

SoundY is doing a poor job of regaling something some fella said to him in a pub, but there’s actually a decent point in there. The BER system is some seriously limited, hamfisted shit and our regs have gone straight to the max as usual when a graded approach might make some sense. The difference between A2 and B2 for instance is mostly capital costs with limited payback to the home owner. So why not have it that there could be a variation in what is built? Both are very low energy using homes, both will give the owners very small bills, but one will cost and perform that bit better. What’s wrong with that?

Having said that we should not be building anything with a C rating, it makes no sense
That is building a home to standards from the year 2000.

An A3 or a B1 or B2 house is an excellent product but imagine the political outcry if a Govt. party even suggested building "sub-standard" (Sound_y Shacks) family homes?

Imagine if a developer said it?

Paul Murphy and Moan O'Broin etc would be jumping up and down.

Renovated a house before I sold it on Daft where it was advertised as a D2 rating, house was over 100 years old and at times it was like a sauna in there it was so warm as it was insulated up to the max, don't know where they get their BER rating shite figures with their stupid DEAP software.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

8th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

3 Of A Kind

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼