Scam phone-calls

SoundMan

Been receiving a number of scam-phone calls the last month or so but where previously they were coming from unusual numbers abroad the latest ones are coming from Irish numbers.

Surely tafaq the service providers here can stop such calls which are at best nuisance when you block the number but can develop into much more sinister situations for naive people who do give over their information.

If a particular number is complained say to comreg and/or the gardai more than three times then surely there should be an onus on whoever the service provider is to block the scam calls..

Or are the service providers getting paid to provide the phone service to the scammers and as such don't want to lose out on the revenue? There must be some reason these c**ts aren't blocked at source.

I'm sick of those calls. Getting three a day recently, all different numbers.
I lost it and answered one. Pressing 1 to talk to operator.
He said can I help you.
Yes I said what do you want and by the way you rang me.
I informed him I was recording the call and he got indignant and hung up.

My partners late mother was plagued with them. On a couple of occasions I answered the housephone to yet another Indian twat. I'd pretend to sound interested then hold the receiver up to the toilet U bend and give them an earful of flushing jacks.

My partners late mother was plagued with them. On a couple of occasions I answered the housephone to yet another Indian twat. I'd pretend to sound interested then hold the receiver up to the toilet U bend and give them an earful of flushing jacks.

Haha nice.
Next time, use a high pitched whistle in the earpiece. That should soften their cough.

The numbers can't be blocked because they are real numbers used by real people. The scammers are using software to mask their own number using other random phone numbers. I know of an individual who got 10 to 15 returned calls from people who had calls from his number, none of which he made. When he contacted his service provider he was told it was scammers using this software, the service provider said there was nothing they could do about it.

If you have time answer and spend up some of their time. I had one on speaker and mute from my side while I had my lunch and every so ofter turned off mute to ask him to repeat what he was saying.
He sussed it after about and hour and was not happy with me wasting his time. I had been getting the calls daily but was removed from the call list after that. This was last summer so pre the latest avalanche of scam calls.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

15th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Vittorio Angelone

The Everyman, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼