satellite - Free to Air

I use FREE SAT myself for the last 4 years, which is completely to different to "FREE TO AIR" which is what is what is available on the box above.

More info on the FREE SAT website: www.freesat.co.uk

It has some advantages over FREE TO AIR such as:

No retuning required, as all of this is done by the FREE SAT system, this happens quite regularly depending on which channels you watch.

There is no "garbage cahannels" on FREE SAT, these all come automatically with FREE TO AIR.

Parental control is an issue with FREE TO AIR, as you got dozens of completely unsuitable channels automatically, yes, you can scrub these, but you still have to it, and repeat doing it, every time you retune.

FREE SAT has an upgrade box called "FREESAT +" with this, you get all the usual features of a sky + box, such as:
Pause Live TV, Series Link Record, record two channels at the same time, they come with hard disks, just like a Sky+ box, so you can watch your recorded programmes when it suits you.

One of the latest new FREE SAT boxes, is here:
https://www.satellitetv.ie/freesat_uk_receiver/humax_1000s_freetime_1tb
The boxes are not cheap, but you are getting a lot more features for the extra bobs.

I have been using the previous model to the Humax above, and have had no issues, but I find the 300GB drive size is a little small. I'd go for the I TB size if i was upgrading, as HD recording takes up several times more space than Standard Def TV recordings.

The main disadvantage of FREE SAT is that you cannot get any Irish channels as they are not available on that platform. I have to switch over to my aerial signals, to get the Irish channels, some of the FREE TO AIR boxes have both the Irish and FREE TO AIR channels on the same menu, these are usually called "Combo" boxes, but the model you list above does not appear to have this feature.

I use the humax freesat pvr excellent box. You can also switch this box to free to air also to pick up all available channels. On freesat setting you get most of the best channels and you get the nice looking epg. Ps I saved 100euro on this box buying from uk.

Thanks feet, vdub.
I will probably go with free to air as I am only renting and I dont watch a load of tv in general.
Is there any good companys in Cork that provide installation with the dish or is it easy to install myself ?

Thanks feet, vdub.
I will probably go with free to air as I am only renting and I dont watch a load of tv in general.
Is there any good companys in Cork that provide installation with the dish or is it easy to install myself ?

like to know this aswell :?:

what channels are on it

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼