Sabina Higgins

Even when it's written down in black and white poor Stacey would rather rely on her misconceptions instead.

As ever, the oft repeated lie is more attractive to some than the truth which challenges their preconceptions.
Stacky is female?

Away outta dat.

Shur Stacky is intelligent.

In a statement yesterday evening, Higgins clarified that she had “strongly condemned the illegal Russian invasion of Ukraine from the outset".

Where did she do this? - another letter to the Irish Times or did she put something up on the Áras website at the time of the invasion or earlier in the conflict? Google generally your friend but not throwing up any comment by Sabina on the Russian invasion and war until the most recent I Times letter.

Letter itself appears fairly watery and you could see why Russian ambassador was quite happy with it as she wrote the fighting would go on until the world “persuades President Vladimir Putin of Russia and President Volodymyr Zelenskiy of Ukraine to agree to a ceasefire and negotiations”.

Even when it's written down in black and white poor Stacey would rather rely on her misconceptions instead.

As ever, the oft repeated lie is more attractive to some than the truth which challenges their preconceptions.
Your party (Sinn Fein) only recently deleted its website massive archive media output as it was too embarrassing with all the po-Russia and anti-E.U. guff.

Also, its ongoing support of the dictatorship in Cuba, frequent commendations for China or its long-standing Euroscepticism isolationist nonsense.

Let me understand you here - DEPORTING hundreds of thousands of people is genocide, but letting hundreds of thousands of people actually die of starvation while exporting food from that country is NOT genocide??????????????????????????

BTW, in case you try your usual crap, imho Russia as the invader of Ukraine is WRONG and should STOP immediately.

See the last one re transferring children Soundy
  • (a) Killing members of the group;
  • (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
  • (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
  • (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
  • (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
I presume your comparing to our famine and the Brits. I suppose it might revolve around item c) and the definition of "deliberately inflicting".
Anyway, its the usual whataboutery, so it's not really of any relevance at all.

Your party (Sinn Fein) only recently deleted its website massive archive media output as it was too embarrassing with all the po-Russia and anti-E.U. guff.

Also, its ongoing support of the dictatorship in Cuba, frequent commendations for China or its long-standing Euroscepticism isolationist nonsense.
Fairly sure there were other parties, including government parties, who deleted massive archive media output. As for their being embarrassed - good luck with that, they brag about their visits to places like Saudi Arabia and sucking up to their leaders.

But as ever Stacey, you're fixated on SF, while giving the alternatives to SF a free pass. :ROFLMAO:

See the last one re transferring children Soundy
  • (a) Killing members of the group;
  • (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
  • (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
  • (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
  • (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
I presume your comparing to our famine and the Brits. I suppose it might revolve around item c) and the definition of "deliberately inflicting".
Anyway, its the usual whataboutery, so it's not really of any relevance at all.

It was rather obvious from the context, given that I repeated it in the post I made (like I've repeated your post above BD) that I was responding to Stacey's:

"Russia has deported hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians including children from the occupied areas into Russia.

That is defined as genocide."

I was highlighting the strange interpretation that DEPORTING hundreds of thousands is genocide, whereas deliberately letting hundreds of thousands including children STARVE TO DEATH while exporting their food under arms was not, in Stacey's mind.

The "usual whataboutery" seems to be the comfort blanket for those who get all hot and bothered about SOME absolute injustices abroad, but seem to care relatively little about others, and indeed injustices that happen in this country. But shur if people want to hide behind that "whataboutery" fig-leaf to try salve their conscience (if they have one), then so be it.

That vacuous fuckwits disgraceful letter proven to be the contemptible tripe we all thought it was.

The now liberated people of the occupied territories should have just been surrendered to their fate at the hands of the murderous Russian invaders.

People actually defended her 🙄

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

THE TAN JACKETS

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼