S U V's in the City

Wrong.
Ford have announced that they plan to stop making the MPVs like the S-Max and galaxy and replace them with 7 seat SUVs like the Kuga.
There will always be a market for saloons like a Mondeo.

From RTÉ:

From Garda car to farmer's car and everything in between, the Ford Mondeo has been a quintessential presence on Irish roads. Now it's gone the way of the dinosaurs, thanks to the swing towards SUV's and its absolutely outdated design and profile.

Ford says it will phase out production of the car in Europe in early 2022, as it shifts its focus to electric and sport utility vehicles.

The company says all its passenger vehicles in Europe will be fully electric or plug-in hybrids by mid-2026 and all-electric by 2030.

Reuters reports the the move comes as Ford is investing heavily in developing connected electric vehicles, with plans to spend over 18 billion Euros on the electrification of its range over the next four years. The Mondeo had been given a hybrid life extension but this failed to make any impact in a rapidly changing market.

From RTÉ:

From Garda car to farmer's car and everything in between, the Ford Mondeo has been a quintessential presence on Irish roads. Now it's gone the way of the dinosaurs, thanks to the swing towards SUV's and its absolutely outdated design and profile.

Ford says it will phase out production of the car in Europe in early 2022, as it shifts its focus to electric and sport utility vehicles.

The company says all its passenger vehicles in Europe will be fully electric or plug-in hybrids by mid-2026 and all-electric by 2030.

Reuters reports the the move comes as Ford is investing heavily in developing connected electric vehicles, with plans to spend over 18 billion Euros on the electrification of its range over the next four years. The Mondeo had been given a hybrid life extension but this failed to make any impact in a rapidly changing market.

They will most likely replace the mondeo with a newer renamed version, probably fully electric. I can't see them moving away from this 4 door family sedan market totally.

Last edited:
ford_mondeo_2022.jpg

Artists impression of Mondeo replacement

Wrong.
Ford have announced that they plan to stop making the MPVs like the S-Max and galaxy and replace them with 7 seat SUVs like the Kuga.
There will always be a market for saloons like a Mondeo.

Good to hear that. Was told by a bloke who's into his cars so I took his word for it. Thanks gingin

That will be of great relief to Sound_y, it's his pride and joy.

Look at him, proud as punch :)

Poor Earl. Utterly fixated with me again :lol:

Not my favourite car I've ever owned. Certainly not the best. But will do the job til whatever car i buy next. Never really been into cars tbh.

A friend of mine bought an SUV about 10 years ago ,asked him why and his answer was to protect the family in case they were in a crash.
I told him to buy a volvo instead as nothing dents a Volvo.

A friend of mine bought an SUV about 10 years ago ,asked him why and his answer was to protect the family in case they were in a crash.
I told him to buy a volvo instead as nothing dents a Volvo.

Yeah the higher off the ground the safer one can be. As you get on in years an SUV is easier to get in and out of too.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Frankie Boyle: Lap of Shame

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼