Ryanair Cancellations

BBJ

Good old Ryanair.
We were booked on a flight to Manchester this coming Monday and they sent us an email this afternoon to inform us our flight was cancelled.
Apparently, they're having to axe around 50 flights a day for the next few weeks on account of their pilots having to take holidays.
Or so they say - there are rumours that they are shedding staff like crazy so don't actually have enough people to fulfil their schedule.
Anyway, the next available flights (which, in fairness, they've booked for no extra cost) are on Tuesday so we're going to be a day late for our brief visit to Lancashire.

Good old Ryanair.
We were booked on a flight to Manchester this coming Monday and they sent us an email this afternoon to inform us our flight was cancelled.
Apparently, they're having to axe around 50 flights a day for the next few weeks on account of their pilots having to take holidays.
Or so they say - there are rumours that they are shedding staff like crazy so don't actually have enough people to fulfil their schedule.
Anyway, the next available flights (which, in fairness, they've booked for no extra cost) are on Tuesday so we're going to be a day late for our brief visit to Lancashire.

Norwegian are stealing their pilots. You qualify for compensation under EC261 by the way. Bet they didn't mention that.

Ah shur make the pilots work 365 days a year so you can get to fucking Manchester.

I have no issue with pilots and other staff getting the holidays they're entitled to.
We've just been unlucky and as the wedding we're attending isn't until Friday, it's no big deal.
The failure here is on the part of Ryanair management.

Surprise, surprise, they didn't!:p
I think that maybe the reason they're doing it this way is to try to avoid paying out compensation.

Only an act of God, industrial action, or letting you know more than 2 weeks beforehand can get them out of it. I'm not sure how.much it is on short haul...maybe 150euro or something.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Beth Orton
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼