Ryan Adams tickets.

He was absolutely superb. Most of the songs were old not new ones. Dirty Rain was the second song he played which was new. He played one or two other ones too but don't know their names.

Jesse Malin didn't do it for me. It was like he was trying too hard and had the charisma of a teapot. His music didn't hit me either as something I would like to hear again. Some of his albums are supposed to be very good though but never listened to them myself.

Ryan Adams is not exactly very charismatic himself. I saw Malin twice and he was always quite funny and engaging with the audience. Wasn't there last night so cant comment.

It was a decent review tbf. Are you the only person who can comment on Ryan Adam's or something? :rolleyes:

He gives the impression that there were a lot of new songs. There were two. Avenues, which I expect he didn't recognise is a whiskeytown song. He's entitled to give his opinion just as I'm entitled to giv my opinion about his review. You're also entitled to your opinion about his review even though you weren't at the gig.

Ryan Adams is not exactly very charismatic himself. I saw Malin twice and he was always quite funny and engaging with the audience. Wasn't there last night so cant comment.

I couldn't wait for Malin to get off the stage. He is not at Ryan's level and was trying too much to be funny. He just wasn't entertaining and bored me. I can see why some people would like him. Maybe it was just me and how much I wanted to see Ryan that clouded my judgement. As for Ryan and charisma, he has plenty. But all depends on your taste :)

He gives the impression that there were a lot of new songs. There were two. Avenues, which I expect he didn't recognise is a whiskeytown song. He's entitled to give his opinion just as I'm entitled to giv my opinion about his review. You're also entitled to your opinion about his review even though you weren't at the gig.

Fair point. Not sure why you "expect" I didn't recognise the Whiskeytown track but it's true I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of it until I saw the setlist today. I didn't want to mention just a Whiskeytown tune and not name it specifically as that would have looked worse. I do not really get why a reviewer is expected to know every single tune an artist has released but to be honest I really should have fine-tuned the review today but I was so pumped after the gig last night that I really wanted to crack into it.

If you look closely at the post time you can see I probably tried to get the review out a bit quickly but sometimes being first is everything. Duly noted though and I am happy that you have put forward some constructive criticism rather than just saying it was shit.

Posted by The G-Man at 2:34 AM

Fair point. Not sure why you "expect" I didn't recognise the Whiskeytown track but it's true I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of it until I saw the setlist today. I didn't want to mention just a Whiskeytown tune and not name it specifically as that would have looked worse. I do not really get why a reviewer is expected to know every single tune an artist has released but to be honest I really should have fine-tuned the review today but I was so pumped after the gig last night that I really wanted to crack into it.

If you look closely at the post time you can see I probably tried to get the review out a bit quickly but sometimes being first is everything. Duly noted though and I am happy that you have put forward some constructive criticism rather than just saying it was shit.

Posted by The G-Man at 2:34 AM

Fair enough, Splonk. Didn't realise it was your review. It's understandable being so pumped after such an awesome gig. Fair play for posting it so quickly though. I was sitting only a few seats away from you a row behind. I saw you recording. I'm looking forward to tonight's gig now. Should be cracking :)

Fair enough, Splonk. Didn't realise it was your review. It's understandable being so pumped after such an awesome gig. Fair play for posting it so quickly though. I was sitting only a few seats away from you a row behind. I saw you recording. I'm looking forward to tonight's gig now. Should be cracking :)

Not a bother. Oh that definitely was not me as I hate people who record at gigs despite loving looking at the vids afterwards :D

Not a bother. Oh that definitely was not me as I hate people who record at gigs despite loving looking at the vids afterwards :D

Oops. I was getting mixed up between a video on your review and one I saw on Ryan Adams archive. Nevermind :p

I'm not a fan of recording at gigs either. Rather to just soak it all in.

Any idea if there was a bootleg recorded of this? John C was at the gig and normally records them but apparently Ryan wasn't allowing him record this tour for some reason.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
More events ▼