Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

One of the Biden's admin said that Ze Germans wouldn't send the Leopards unless the Yanks agreed to send the M1 Abrams. Habeck confirmed the same.
The Ukrainians will need around 500 tanks in reality to make a big punch. I guess as it stands they will get about 100-150 tanks but I expect at least 200 Bradley’s there by April when ground is firm enough to go at Crimea and smash the land bridge.

It’s a huge logistical undertaking to supply men, fuel , parts, infantry fighting vehicles to keep the tanks running. I’m sure the Ukrainians have already being on them in Poland and they are quick to adapt to new technology.Will they get the number though as Spain was pushing but in reality most of their Leopards Are in an awful state.

The Ukrainians will need around 500 tanks in reality to make a big punch. I guess as it stands they will get about 100-150 tanks but I expect at least 200 Bradley’s there by April when ground is firm enough to go at Crimea and smash the land bridge.

It’s a huge logistical undertaking to supply men, fuel , parts, infantry fighting vehicles to keep the tanks running. I’m sure the Ukrainians have already being on them in Poland and they are quick to adapt to new technology.Will they get the number though as Spain was pushing but in reality most of their Leopards Are in an awful state.

So true.

Current ratio in tanks loses is 1:12 for UA. Spaniards were offering A4 some time ago in such a state that after initial inspection all interested countries basically ran away. So far Germans declared A6s, I would guess other countries will donate A5s and A4s. A4s are not any wunderwaffe really. The 'expert' forum has some summary of potential donations, I will post below. The head of logistics in UA will have such a headache... Maintenance, training, various usage... These would have to be standardized somehow at least when it comes to communication, as each of those models plus each of the country has it different...

Unconfirmed numbers (kinda chronological order):

- Poland: 14
- Germany: 14 to 19
- Netherlands: 18
- Sweden: 10 to 12
- Norway: 8
- Finland: 10 to 14
- Portugal: 4 to 6
- Denmark: 10-14
- Spain: 6-12

that gives approx. 94-117 units.

Adding up the T-tanks from CZ and PL, that would give 300-350 total.
We also have some rumours of Moroccan (T-72B) and Malaysian (T-72M1 or PT-91) tanks, that would be around 100-120 units.

Heavy 'on wheels' units would make up the numbers to form armored formations (poor logistics chief!). This war confirmed that tank loses are from infantry and UAV hits, almost none were tank on tank fights like most of the viewers would believe.

And I believe, I know why the news came yesterday. Today is Zelensky's birthday ;) That said, and knowing ru 'scheduling' we might expect missle attack in the next two-three days...

tank-png.4503121

PS. from what I see Abrams from US may come to service in the next... two years.

three reasons in my opinion

a reason number one (corrupted politicians and businessmen):

140311-putin-dc_wnriox

reason number two (moles and sleepers):

im-274250

a reason number three (pure espionage and building the influence over decades):

oleg-burov.gif
These play a part, no doubt, however some of it is just politics.

From the political point of view I think Baerbock's statement was crucial. I reckon she put it up to Scholz that the coalition was on the line.

Scholz's party has to compete for votes with far-left who are even more Russian-friendly but to me it doesn't really explain why he's always been a dollar short and a day late in his support for Ukraine.

I think I remember hearing something along the lines of every tank having a huge amount of support in, around and behind it. Which is also why the orcs are losing so many tanks as we all know orcs don't do logistics.

Update on the loses (7-day average)

ru equipment: (blue tanks, yellow - armored vehicles)

2501-png.4503185

Personnel loses:

2501z-png.4503186

russian UAVs and missiles downed:

2501d-png.4503187

The strategic genius that is Vladimir Putin has not only succeeded in forcing Germany and the West to end its dependence on Russian energy but he has also somehow maneuvered himself into a situation in which inferior Russian troops are about to face up to at least 300+ technologically superior German and U.S. battle tanks and thousands of smaller attack and support vehicles with the lethal ability to form both defensive and offensive armoured brigades.

What a colossal failure.

These play a part, no doubt, however some of it is just politics.

From the political point of view I think Baerbock's statement was crucial. I reckon she put it up to Scholz that the coalition was on the line.

Scholz's party has to compete for votes with far-left who are even more Russian-friendly but to me it doesn't really explain why he's always been a dollar short and a day late in his support for Ukraine.

I know, I was more in the happy-clicking mood ;) This topic will be taught in universities for many years.

I think one of the major factors convincing Scholz to this action apart from the pressure from other countries is the below (in my opinion obviously)

FnRZloXWAAEQDiS

1674635696289.png

Last edited:
Dino is something like Lidl in Western Poland mostly, just saying.

FnRMl1QWAAAGGrv

You can buy tanks in every store with tanks (to mock what ru were saying about 'green people' when they invaded Crimea)

and some interesting video, to stop spamming :)

Some commentators have suggested two main reasons :-

(1) Germany is still very sensitive to it's appalling conduct in WW2 and has had a very restrained view towards active supply of offensive weaponry in large conflicts (it believed until last year that good trade relations would lead to vastly decreased military conflicts - Ostpolitik)

(2) Germany believes that any support for Ua should be agreed between the Allies and was keen that US would also supply Heavy Tanks (The Abrams is not as suitable to Ua as the Leopard but US has likely agreed as a symbolic gesture to Germany rather than a practical solution)

Also Germans are by nature very methodical and cautious - Scholz seems to embody this.
They did not display much sensitivity in naming the successor to the King Tiger the Leopard :rolleyes:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

12th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Le Boom

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼